We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Facebook Like button and firewalls

Lugano
Level Contributor
2 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Facebook Like button and firewalls

Hi, I noticed the new (?) position of the Facebook Like button, in the top screen on the left.

In my company, firewall blocks Facebook (it's not my choice). Now, I can't navigate on Tripadvisor because the firewall block everything. This happens for about a week.

I think Tripadvisor should face this issue since many company firewalls block Facebook.

Thanks.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,605 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Facebook Like button and firewalls

Welcome to the forums! Please note that I'm a member just like you.

I don't see the Facebook like button on restaurant and attraction pages in a new position. It's been on the left hand column for quite a long time now. In fact, it was on all listing pages and recently it was removed from accommodation listings.

This is a problem you need to resolve with your company. It is their decision to block Facebook and/or use a firewall. If you use Tripadvisor for your business needs, then your company will understand and unblock you. I doubt that Tripadvisor ist going to change their page design for you or others with Facebook blocked.

I can only suggest that you use Tripadvisor during your own time, that is, after working hours form your own computer.

Silvia

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Facebook Like button and firewalls

Many companies block many sites to stop their staffing from getting distracted with non-company work

Lugano
Level Contributor
2 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Facebook Like button and firewalls

Thank you for your answers. Something changed because last weeks it worked. I don't think something changed on my side. Maybe the tripadvisor.it site was updated.

Unfortunately I cannot change firewall policy, already asked.

Thanks

4. Re: Facebook Like button and firewalls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:21