We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review Removed

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Review Removed

I had a negative review removed by tripadvisor. The review had stayed for over 4 months before it was removed.

It concerns a wildlife place where the animals are subject to a cruel life. Where I can understand the political implications of said post - it was not exaggerated and my post came as an honest negative experience of my visit. Now obviously the company have complained and removed it.

Is there anyone I can speak to about this?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Review Removed

but I have seen the Facebook posts as I described above, and the review got removed.

========

Then it violated guidelines and was removed by TA staff after seeing that and agreeing it violated guidelines, not by vote, (as can happen to a forum post).

As said above, its worrying to see a DE post such clearly incorrect information.

12. Re: Review Removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 22:46
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,264 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Review Removed

But you only "observed" the Facebook page. Unless you are involved in the process behind the scenes.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Review Removed

As I have said before, I have no knowledge of the legitimacy of the review, or of the process that went on behind the scenes,

------

And therefore no right or even reason to definitely state that it was removed merely because a certain number of people voted for it.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Review Removed

The original poster whose review is missing just has to go to:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

then chose Status of My Review

A list of the reviews will show and she will probably not see it and then chooses 'not listed".

A TA staff member will respond*( it will take several days) with actual information, not speculation.

I think I may have seen a similar review in the past , possibly not this one but a similar description, that was eventually removed because I think in that case it was seen to be a political attack on the facility being reviewed, focusing on animal cruelty allegations. In several tourist markets that have animal attractions such reviews are common and are generally removed by TA if the owner of the facility or others report them as because of the way they are worded they are against TA review guidelines. But the only way to find out is to contact User Review Support and inquire .

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Review Removed

Have no idea what the missing posts said, but back to the OP.

bex89 you said:

>> Now obviously the company have complained and removed it.<<

With all due respect, you are completely incorrect. A property owner CANNOT get a review removed, unless it violates the TripAdvisor guidelines.

Please read post #7 as I agree with poster Luckyfour that is the reason your review was removed. I myself have reported reviews that contain political and/or social commentary.

17. Re: Review Removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 06:17