We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review written by sacked employee

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Review written by sacked employee

Hi - I have a review about my business that's blatantly been written by an employee I sacked .... How can I get this incorrect review removed? Thanks in advance

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review written by sacked employee

Hi BigDsussex,

Welcome to the forums!

There's a forum for owners and I'd suggest you post there. As long as you're a verified owner, you'll have access. Please click on this link for more information including how to get verified if you aren't already:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

You can dispute a review but you only get one chance. So, I'd really suggest posting on the Owner's Forum so that others can help you with what you can do and how to do it.

Regards,

L4

Front Royal...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Review written by sacked employee

One chance? Are you serious? I have a lunatic drug addict ranting crazy lies about my restaurant and people read this stuff. I need better solutions and faster.... so does BigD

Please help

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review written by sacked employee

Hi BlueWingFrog,

Welcome to the forums!

As your question is related to your business, please post on the Owner's Forum where you can include a link to your listing (where other members can look at your listing and provide some tips). If you're a verified owner/rep, this link will work:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.ht…

If not, please read the following:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

Yes, one dispute so, I'd suggest you post on the Owner's Forum first before submitting your dispute.

Regards,

L4

Edited: 03 July 2014, 01:35
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,981 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review written by sacked employee

Lucky, am I correct that is one dispute per review? So if multiple negative reviews are written about the property , the owner can file one dispute about each- correct? He just can't go on and keep disputing the same review multiple times so he has to put all his objections to that review in the first ( and only) time he disputes it- no going back to add in other issues later... is that the case? From the wording above , he may think and be concerned that he can only ever dispute one review.. .. I agree that he needs advice from other owners about how to best handle this so he should seek that on the Owner's Forum- it has happened and been successfully combatted before , I'm sure.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review written by sacked employee

Hi Lulutoo,

Yes, once the owner/rep disputes the review, the button is then greyed out so they can't dispute the review again.

Regards,

L4

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,849 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review written by sacked employee

The Blue Wing Frog has 11 excellent reviews and 5 very good reviews????? Maybe the comments are being made on the forums?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review written by sacked employee

I can't find any bad reviews on the restaurant either, nor can I find any forums that mention it. Are you sure you have the right travel website, BlueWingFrog? Do you normally refer to unhappy customers as "lunatic drug addicts"?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,083 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review written by sacked employee

H-B, it was a 2-dot review that started with the statement to the effect of "I was a chef here.." It ended by asking for a boycott, thus violating 2 different review guidelines.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 14:37
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,981 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review written by sacked employee

I among others -I'm sure -reported that review as suspicious and written by a ( former ) employee and so I'll bet they have removed it as it was not in accordance with guidelines. I think the owner perhaps overreacted in a panic and wanted something done immediately- TA would have removed it at some point once reported I'm sure and it looks like they did but perhaps not as speedily as the owner hoped..

It looked silly anyway amid all the good reviews- I think as soon as folks started reading the rant they would have disregarded it- it was pretty obvious what it was.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review written by sacked employee

Ah, thanks, that explains it :-)