We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

contacting trip advisor

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
contacting trip advisor

Posted something to the wrong hotel

trying to figure out how to contact trip advisor to remove but its impossible to figure that out

someone must pass a law making them accountable and making it a must to make it easy to remov3 a post

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,978 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: contacting trip advisor

Hi Brothschild;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general "How To" questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page “What can I do if I submitted my review for the wrong place?” and follow the directions listed there.

tripadvisor.com/help/review_for_wrong_busine…

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: contacting trip advisor

Excellent suggestion, Brothschild! Welcome to the forum! I think that removing your own review should be an option in the "Problem with this review?" (or the almost invisible flag) in each review.

While the norm is to have a "Contact us" link easily found on websites, TripAdvisor does not. A lengthy trial and error search may turn up the relevant help center link.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 18:41
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: contacting trip advisor

It would indeed be a good idea to include a "remove my review" from the list of options at the review location. Just like the remove my post option from the drop down menu in the text box on forum threads, you would have to be signed in to see the option in the review selection. I can see this being very useful. I wonder why TA require a user to petition staff to have their own review removed?

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: contacting trip advisor

Hi, I submitted a review of a tour in December in India with Trinetra Tours. They were wonderful in every way.I took a lot of time to do the review and find a picture of the city of Udaipur. The review was was rejected?? Because T.A. does not accept reviews of tours..??.This makes no sense as there are lots of reviews on your site of the same company...Tried to find a way to remedy this or actually talk to someone and completely hopeless. I have emailed the tour company to tell them this conundrum. Your site is completely frustrating and just circles you around in an unending vortex. Diane Montgomery

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: contacting trip advisor

Welcome to the forum, Diane!

I agree completely about the frustrating circles that TripAdvisor sends us in. I am guessing that you submitted a review for a multi-day tour. TripAdvisor does not accept reviews of multi-day tours and is not supposed to list tour companies unless they offer day tours. A few listings and reviews sneak by.

6. Re: contacting trip advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 04:35
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: contacting trip advisor

What do you want to do on the site that you can't do, KillerHays?

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,040 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: contacting trip advisor

suggest a place on the menu of options to include - TA error - or TA map error

and also - a place where non "management" people can contact you regarding errors on maps!!

TA has two (2) parish churches (St James parish church - Anglican) shown in two (2) different places on the map beside Palm Beach Condos in Holetown St James Barbados- no way I can remove - am only a private condo owner - nothing to do with management - not a paid "ad" site - very confusing to visitors - second church should either be removed or renamed The Methodist Church (which is the nearest church to where you have shown it in mid to south Holetown )

Edited: 20 February 2014, 19:30
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: contacting trip advisor

anothersadowner.

For most of the world TA uses Bing maps but for Barbados it using Google maps for its base maps.

The position of the churches is an error in the Google maps which can be seen if you visit them directly https://goo.gl/maps/k2PHC - you can report corrections to Google directly using the 'Edit the map' or 'Report a Problem' link at the bottom right of the map

TA does have serious problems of its own in placing some of its own listings on maps (some are on the wrong continent!) so your suggestion that TA provide a proper method of reporting map errors is very valid and something users have been requesting for many years.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,040 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: contacting trip advisor

Doesn't work - tried unsuccessfully to change error - wouldn't let ,me remove wrong church - or change name - tried to use "edit" didn't work - Help please

Second - TA needs to have contact for individual condo owners - not just this "management' system - one condo owner in a complex cannot sign/declare authorization to speak for whole condo corp - so one is denied access to TA - this needs fixing too!