We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

Marstons Mills...
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

Who is the idiot at Tripadvisor that thinks I should drive 6 hours to save 20 bucks on airfare?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,983 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

Hi KillerHays;

With so many users of the site, the system is automated. I would suggest checking your home airport setting.

Best Regards

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

You can also unsubscribe from air fare notifications.

3. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 16:35
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,033 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

Wow, that's insulting. Why do you call people idiots? You seem to be expecting someone from Tripadvisor to respond to you. This is a member-driven forum. None of the posters above nor I work for Tripadvisor.

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

KillerHays, my bet is that your fellow members will have your post removed.

I do not know how many TripAdvisor members find this on their own. To change your home airport click on Hi, KillerHays at the top right of most TripAdvisor pages when you are logged on. Click on KillerHays Your TripAdvisor under the top green bar on the left and select Account Info. Type in your preferred airport as detailed here:

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200938503-How-do-I…

You may want to choose Subscriptions, too, where you can "Click here to unsubscribe from all TripAdvisor marketing communications"

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

I have long suggested that TripAdvisor staff should handle Support Forum requests. They rarely do.

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

I win! "This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed."

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,219 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

Congratulations. We're all wildly impressed.

Tucson Arizona
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
623 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

Just followed hoogo's advice and checked "my" airport, as I keep getting notices for "great deals" from Sky Harbor ( the Phoenix airport) , which is at least two hours away from here.

Well, lo and behold, they had "my" home airport (account info) as "Any New York Airport.". I guess my NY Alma Mater threw them off. However, they never used New York in their emails, so I wasn't even aware of it.

Anyway, have corrected things, and will await "great flight deals from Tucson".

Thanks, hoogo.

USA
Level Contributor
6,988 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sending me airfare notices for Hartford

You are welcome, NYU. If your profile says "Any New York Airport" and you are getting airfare quotes from Phoenix, obviously the profile airport is not as important as we thought.