We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car forum

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
410 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car forum

Out of curiousity...

I travel a LOT, and I'm wedded to one rental car company, but I'm beginning to get curious about the pro's and con's of different companies.

Does TripAdvisor have an appropriate forum where car rental companies could be discussed irrespective of locale? That way, we could weigh the advantages/disadvantages of Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc.

Thanks!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,931 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car forum

Hi John,

No, Tripadvisor does not have a forum nor it accepts reviews for rental car companies. It's been suggested many times, but they are quite firm that they will not consider it. For the most part (which doesn't seem to be your case), people want to post their bad experiences and nothing else when it has to do with car rentals.

Silvia

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
410 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car forum

Silvia --

Thanks for the quick reply, and I understand TripAdvisor's position on this.

3. Re: Rental car forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 15:35
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,962 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car forum

Wrong forum

College Station...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car forum

I would like to know why all rental car companies are calling what the industry and car companies midsize cars, full size cars? They are moving what they use to call full size cars into the premium cars class. It is my opinion that rental car companies rent luxury, premium, midsize, intermediate and compact cars. They no longer rent "full size" cars. Can you explain this? Is there any agency out there that can stop this? I rent full size cars because they have 6 cylinder engines. Mid size cars have 4 cylinder engines.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car forum

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forums!

The forums are primarily member-driven and I'm a volunteer.

The Support Forum is for assistance using the site, how-to questions and technical support to do with the site.

I don't know if your question is destination specific or not. My only suggestion would be to post on the Bargain Travel Forum as they may have some ideas or may recommend finding out via some other resource. Anyway, here's the Bargain Travel Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12290-Bargain_T…

Regards,

L4

7. Re: Rental car forum

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 17:35
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,962 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car forum

Hi Naomi;

This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums, which you can browse or search for, starting here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

I would suggest posting your query on the forum for the city where you rented the car from.

Best Regards

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car forum

I've posted it on Rouen France where we dropped off our rental since we don't know where this traffic violation was issued.

10. Re: Rental car forum

Removed on: 31 March 2016, 05:35
Edited: 31 March 2016, 05:35