We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,166 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

Specifically if there have been any complaints to TA about his business.

Thanks

Pjk

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

Questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

Forum and review moderation are considered a private matter, so I don't think TA will discuss those types of problems with the registered business owner. If there is some kind of 'misconduct' on TA's web site, then yes I would expect the owner would receive some kind of warning or penalty as would any member who violated TA's guidelines, terms of use, etc.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,166 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

He was concerned because of a rankings drop of approx. 10 positions in a few days and thought it might be because of a complaint. There were several newer reviews to other, higher ranked activities, which I think caused the problem, but new reviews are the only thing I know of that affects rankings. If there are others, I can relay them to him.

Thanks

Pjk

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,383 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

The newer reviews affect the ranking as well as the quality of those reviews. But in addition to that, Tripadvisor may decide to manually adjust the ranking of a business if found to have fraudulent reviews (and those won't get published of course). Here, read this page:

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614957-What-wil…

Have your friend post on the Owners' forum. He can contact Owner Support and ask if it is a penalty or simply the result of the popularity index. That much they'll tell them.

BTW, I doubt TA will impose a penalty because someone complained, unless the complaint pointed to fraudulent reviews (posted on his businesses or by him or his employees on the business of a competitor). They won't tell him if it was reported by a member or not.

Silvia

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,166 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

Thanks. I posted a link to this discussion so that he can look through it and see if he wants to pursue.

Pjk

6. Re: Is There A Way for an Owner to Ask A Q?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:18