We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review on accommodation

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Review on accommodation

I posted a review on a recent stay in Wexford, Ireland. I gave favourable comments, where deserved, but overall would not recommend the place reviewed. The owner wasn't happy with my review and took the trouble to find my husband's full name (we didn't supply it) and contacted us personally with what I feel was a rather nasty letter making personal comments on my character. He also said he would be sending a copy of this letter to Trip Advisor. That doesn't bother me; he will be letting himself down. However, I am very upset at being contacted privately. I have always posted fairly on TA. Many people rely on TA to help them decide where to stay. I would never post a vindictive comment but if I feel there were problems would point them out. I would, in future, be wary about reviewing a place unless I would be able to recommend it and what is the point of that?

Mary Batie

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,154 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review on accommodation

Hi Diamond, welcome to the TA forums. Firstly you have done nothing wrong in writing an honest review - certainly if it is the one I think it is.

Secondly, if the letter is threatening in anyway you can report him to TA and also the police. I'm not sure what he would hope to achieve by sending a copy to TA as if it is as nasty as you pointed out, TA would more than likely put a red mark against his property knocking it down the rankings.

Also, I would just like to add that if it occurred to me, I wouldn't send any correspondence back to him.

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review on accommodation

Hi Sunmagic

Thank you for your kind reply.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,926 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review on accommodation

Hi Diamond;

Owners / managers are NOT to contact reviewers about the reviews of their accommodation, attraction or restaurant.

tripadvisor.com/help/businessrep_approached_…

Also, TripAdvisor does not condone owners / managers harassing, threatening, or bullying users about their reviews. To alert TA staff to this property’s behaviour, and express your concerns, you can use the “Contact Us” link in the Help Centre.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

In the first pull down menu, select “Reviews”. In the second pull down menu, select “Question about the guidelines.

Best Regards

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review on accommodation

Hi Rescue team, Ontario

Thank you, that was very helpful. I appreciate the advice.

Kind regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,926 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review on accommodation

You're Welcome !

6. Re: Review on accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:20