We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem finding post/thread.

northwest
Level Contributor
443 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Problem finding post/thread.

Hi, responded to a question on a forum on TA a few weeks ago, It had developed into a very long thread and,It was a quite long detailed answer as I felt so sorry for the poster , as I thought she was being treated unfairly. i didn't enter into any arguments just gave a review of the area. My response contained info that I was hoping to use again when I posted my review.

The original poster sent me a PM thanking me for being so honest as she felt she had been picked on. However my question is - she then must have asked for her thread/question to be removed and I cant now copy and paste the information. Does anyone know how I can try and get it back .

Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

Hi,

If the post is not on this page: www.tripadvisor.com/members-forums/sophieo

and like you think the OP asked for her post to be removed, you can't get it back.

Silvia

northwest
Level Contributor
443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

OK, Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I wouldn't be able to.

After she had sent me a message , she was quite distressed at certain other responses, so I think she must have asked for the whole thread /post to be removed.

Thanks anyway.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,571 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

Just to be clear, she can't ask for a thread to be removed. She can ask for her post to be removed. If it's the Original Post, then the thread will soon disappear (be removed) as it would be "headless."

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

Does your post appear in the contributions list in your account information? If not, you won't be able to retrieve it.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

Surely just removing your post from a thread and it not being in your contributions list won't delete it from the servers? Would there not be a way of retrieving data from archives, at least for a certain period of time? What about from a legal standpoint?

Reason I say this is because if a post gets removed in error by "the community" then it can be re-instated, so surely there is a period of time where posts/threads are kept in archive mode before being deleted permanently?? Just curious.....

Mind you, I guess even if this were possible it wouldn't be made public knowledge or TA would possibly be inundated with requests :)

northwest
Level Contributor
443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

Yes , what made it even more strange was that she hadn't started the thread it had sort of drifted. I don't really know who asked for it to be removed all I know is that its gone, not on the forum or in my list of contributions. Shame as I had made some good points. In hindsight maybe I should have done it on a word document first. I would do this with a review but not with a reply to a post.

thanks anyway. - S

7. Re: Problem finding post/thread.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:19