We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
11 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

I do not follow facebook and will never do although by mistake I made myself member. However, I am in favour of the Tripadvisor website but state to my great disappointment that only through facebook one can read comments on places, sites and accommodations from others.

As I obstinately refuse to ever open facebook again for its indiscretion and blatant violation of privacy, its use of my personal address book without my consent. For this reason I will have to decide whether I will continue posting trip advice on your website or not if other's comments can only be seen through facebook and if your website continues to line up with this illegal practice from facebook.

Tripadvisor should not line up with this questionable social network which more and more people start hating for its continuous violations of privacy rules and illegal intrusion into your own private (address) files!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

unclegus, already under discussion here: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k72338…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

obviously just started on the co.uk site.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

I've not seen it.... yet ;-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

can't you see it at the top of this page?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

Nope... I saw it in the other thread I linked to, but that was only via screen grab from someone else, it doesn't appear on "my" screen - yet !! No doubt it will be another way to "accidentally" trick peeps into connecting with FB - they must be making a good few quid through this alliance that's for sure :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

could see on my computer at work but can't see it on my lap top at home,working with windows 7 on both computers and using IE in both...................strange

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

Home, lappy, Windows 8.1, Chrome browser.... I'll get it tomorrow, you watch :)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

Not here yet ...

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

good question. Because this message popped automatically up when I wanted to post my problem of the "Tripadvisor associated or linked with Facebook". I cannot say more because I don't know. I think you believe it might be something else (another website) that has been warned by McAfee? Honestly, I don't know...

======

Maybe from an advert. Its the only thing I can think of as that URL isnt associated with TA at all.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: tripadvisor website connection with Facebook

no sign of the Facebook banner this morning on home or work computer.