We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

Dear Trip Advisor

I have booked and paid for a holiday rental. When I did not get confirmation I contacted the owner who confirms the booking and advises me that someone of the same name has received what she thought was spam from Trip Advisor.

Please sort this out.

Sue

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,574 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

Trip Advisor are unable to sort this out for you. What was the email address you used at the time of booking? I'd suggest speaking to the owner again and asking them to send the confirmation to the correct email.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

Thanks. I have received a reply from the owner who is going to send confirmation. My original message does not appear in my messages folder and that contact was not confirmed by TripAdvisor although the booking went through. It seems to me that TripAdvisor have somehow confused me with someone else who may continue to get my messages.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,745 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

You should let Tripadvisor know of this issue via the Help Center:

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Select Vacation Rentals > Concerned about my Book Vacation Rental or Other

Happy travels,

Silvia

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

That is really helpful thank you. I could not see where to communicate with them.

5. Re: Booking confirmation sent to someone with the same name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:17