We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 11:21
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,472 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

Hi BonaireBondy;

Nobody can "sign-up" using your email address, as they would receive a notation "Email address in use". To use your email address, they would also need to supply the exact same password, to access your account.

For your own peace of mind, I would suggest changing your TripAdvisor password.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_change_your_passw…

Could you have left your computer unattended while someone else used it ? Do you use TripAdvisor while on a public computer, such as at a library ? If you didn’t log out from TA, and someone else was to use the computer after you, they would not need to log on to TA and could access all the features available from your account.

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is member driven, peer-to-peer assistance. It is NOT an effective way of contacting TA staff. To have that review removed, I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page “How to remove a review you wrote” and use the “email us” link in blue text. A web form will open that you can use to request that the review be deleted.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_remove_a_review_y…

Best Regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,472 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

Hi BonaireBondy;

I don't see a review of Alva Donna Beach Resort Comfort in Turkey in your profile. Has it been posted or is it still pending ?

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,465 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

"One welcoming me to TripAdvisor"

Do you have more than one email address and you're downloading emails to all of them? Check to which email address this welcome email was sent.

Silvia

4. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 11:22
5. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

6. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,465 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

Yes, but using the computer in a public area does not explain the welcome email!!! It is not like your account was hacked by guessing your password. That would have explained the review but not the welcome email, which is only sent when a new account is created.

One more idea, do you own a domain address, which you use for your email? For example, I own one, and any email address that's mistyped will still be sent to me (looking carefully at the email address, however, I can see that there is a small typo).

RescueTeam was asking you if you see the review pending in your contributions. Do you? Click here to check:

tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/BonaireBondy

Silvia

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,987 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

The emails you received should contain the screen name of the other user.

You could send them a Private Message asking them to change the email they are using on TA - you will get the email destined for them saying a message has arrived but when they next use TA they should see the message waiting notification at the top of the web page

You can also contact TA staff using http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport Sign in and registration - none of the sub options exactly match your problem but will allow you to send a message.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,465 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address

Mymsman,

How can another user register with an email address already in use? Each user account is linked to an email address. Try to create another account with your email address and you'll see.

Now, could it be another "glitch", sure, there's been many lately.

Silvia

10. Re: Somebody has joined TripAdvisor using my Email Address