We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
338 reviews
Save Topic
Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

On a recent trip to Llanrech vineyard in Hensol I had a not so good experience to which I did a negative review the problem was resolved and I have requested numerous times to have the review removed . The web site is terrible it does not adhere to a request also very difficult to navigate I'm totally dissatisfied with TA in fact I want to shut my account

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Yes Sodo, that is what I meant - my brain was telling me that but for some reason the transferral of information to my fingers and thus to my keyboard simply didn't happen - it occurs often - must be my age :(

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

The review was either factual when you posted it, or it wasn't. If it was factual then it is still factual now, so why remove it? If it wasn't factual it shouldn't have been submitted anyway.

Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

I am also thinking to hut down my account.

I am tired of getting emails asking me to keep reviewing, and when I do, I get ridiculous responses such as the most recent telling me ...

Bonjour,

Merci d'avoir soumis cet établissement à TripAdvisor.

Nous sommes désolés, mais nous n'avons pas pu vérifier que l'établissement répondait à nos critères de référencement à partir des informations fournies.

Vous pouvez consulter nos critères de référencement ici :

www.tripadvisor.fr/pages/getlisted.html

why in French I don't know but when I try to go into this, and I see that they think I am an owner of the establishment its totally frustrating.

I visited the most wonderful new little hotel on the beach at Assinnie in Ivory Coast and couldn't wait to write a review about it - its an amazing place to stay. But no.. trip advisor makes things mega complicated and the way to contact tripadvisor via email is a nightmare.

shame on you tripadvisor... stop throwing money into TV advterising, and get your act together in terms of service for your loyal reviewers ....

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

The method to close your account has been changed since my March 17, 2014 post #7. You now click on the tiny "Close your Account" link near the bottom of your Account Info page: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Settings-cp

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Hi JamesD2308,

That email you got from TA refuses your listing request doesn't assume you're an owner. I've mentioned a couple of times that they should include in the email the listing requirements but *not* from the owner's listing request page. This will only confuse people and encourage non-owners to use that page to request listings. I'm a member like you so all I can do is mention it but I sure wish it would be changed.

As I don't know if you've tried to contact TA about these issues, you can consider this:

1. Subscriptions: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Settings-cs You'll see a blue link to unsubscribe from all marketing emails

2. About the email being in French, this could have been a glitch but if you wanted to contact TA about it:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

Email & Newsletter Subscriptions > I am not receiving emails I want

Regards,

L4

J B
LA
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

I find negative reviews helpful in determining where I want to stay. Is there an option for editing review with an update, like on yelp?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,779 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

No, J B, reviews can't be edited, sorry.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,086 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

You can submit a new review, though, and TA will automatically include a link to your old review of the same business. You need to wait 1 month before submitting a follow-up restaurant review, or 3 months before submitting another review of the same attraction or accommodations.

19. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 07:17