We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can I add a restaurant

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
can I add a restaurant

Is there a way to add a restaurant or place on my trip advisor map that is not in trip advisor? It sure would make my trip planning easier.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can I add a restaurant

You can request a listing for a property that is not currently on TA by clicking on Write a review, Search on the name - if it is not found click 'Tell us more about it' to request a new listing - you don't have to write a review immediately

It will take a few days (or weeks) to create the listing but will be ready to review when you come back from your trip.

For trip planning I prefer to use PlanApple rather than TA saved trips which are not very usable. With PlanApple you can save any webpage to a location on your trip (not just TA listings) and do a lot more to organise and share your trip plans.

Bowling Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can I add a restaurant

This function is not available in the iOS app. When the restaurant does not appear in the search results no other options, tabs or menus are available.

3. Re: can I add a restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 06:17