We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

I have been on several forums/sites and STILL no clear way to save a hotel.

Current date is 23/03/2014

How can such a successful site have such terrible UI (User Interface). It is a disgrace.

Any information greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,471 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

Welcome to the forums, Sarah! This is a peer-to-peer assistance forum. I'm just a member like you.

Hotels/B&Bs, etc. that have online booking partners display on the right a thumbs up percentage. If you hover over that box, you'll see a white Save button show up on the right margin.

Neither hotels without online booking nor holiday rentals can be saved at the moment.

Silvia

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

I prefer to use Planapple for saving webpages for my travel plans,

You are not dependent on where TA decides to hide the Save button this week, can save all sort of information and do a lot more to organise and share your trip plans.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

Why on earth can't we now save hotels? This omission makes TripAdvisor now seem ridiculous!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

Hi nobones,

With Windows, I minimize the window, pressing control and - and as the window becomes smaller, I can see the Save on the left. Perhaps give that a try and let us know if it works.

Regards,

L4

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

Hi Sarah,

I agree that currently our Save feature can be difficult to find, and our site experience team is working on improving this. There are also a few bugs including where for some properties, the Save button doesn't even appear (for example if a property doesn't work with booking partner sites). Can you send us a link to the property you are trying to save? I want to take a look.

Thanks!

Jeanine

England UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

I can't save either. It really is SO irritating.

Please can someone from Tripadvisor sort it out?

Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,471 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

Have you read the previous posts in this thread? Maybe one of those options works for you.

8. Re: How on earth can I save a hotel/apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:15