We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a restaurant

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
2 posts
375 reviews
Suggest a restaurant

I want to review a restaurant that is not listed. Here's what the Help says:

help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200614727

"If you're a traveler, you can tell us about a new listing when you start to write a review for a place we don't list. Please note that a business must be listed on TripAdvisor in order for us to accept reviews of it."

That make no sense! Does TA bother to read their own writing?

Also, I read one instruction, it links to another instruction and to yet another but does not actually tell you HOW to do it or WHERE to do it!

TA navigation and finding simple information is TERRIBLE! If TA wants me to keep reviewing, make the site EASY to find info. Fix your navigation.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Suggest a restaurant

As it says, "you can tell us about a new listing when you start to write a review for a place". So, you start by Write a review: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/UserReview-e__2F__

As you go through the review process, and the listing isn't found, that the business does not have a listing. You'll see, "No results matched your search term." Scroll down a bit further and you'll see, "Can't find what you're looking for?

Try a different spelling, and include the name of the city.

Still no luck? We may not yet list this restaurant. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review." "Tell us more about it" (in blue), is a link which will open a page so you can submit your listing request.

>TA navigation and finding simple information is TERRIBLE!<

If you have a question about using the site, how to do certain things or have technical questions, there's the Support Forum you can use. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Regards,

L4

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
2. Re: Suggest a restaurant

... moved from Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better Forum to TripAdvisor Support Forum.

Regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

3. Re: Suggest a restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:15