We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in circles here

Passaic, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Running in circles here

I listed my business on Trip Advisor. I then received an email that the buisness was already listed with a link to the listing. upon clicking on it, it was for another business, just a similar first name. Its nothing even related to mine. I can't find customer support and Im assuming if I try to list it again, its going to tell me the same thing. This makes no sense. Doesnt the system understand I am listing an entirely different business in an entirely different category in an entirely different state? Any help would be appreciated. Trip advisor has no email or customer service that I can find. At least not that i can find

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,462 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in circles here

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Rich;

TA does not offer one-on-one telephone or email support for its general users.

I would suggest re-submitting your listing request. Where you can, note that this is a new location, not the location that TA staff erroneously directed you to.

Best Regards

Passaic, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in circles here

I will try again. There is nowhere to notate this in the listing that i could see them taking note to.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,462 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in circles here

You're Welcome !

USA
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running in circles here

"There is nowhere to notate this in the listing that i could see them taking note to." There is no place to make any such notes in a listing request.

It seems inconceivable that TripAdvisor would link your business to a different business with a different name, state, zip code, etc, but strange things happen.

Have you tried a search for your business in the proper town to see if it is already listed? It would be nice if the TripAdvisor staff member that reads this would contact you and straighten out this issue.

USA
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running in circles here

Rich, did you make the listing request as a business owner or as a regular member? Here is info on the business owner's method: tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/n680/get…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,360 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running in circles here

Rich, I think you are talking about your own business. I would suggest you use the following link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

"How may we help you?" choose > Listings

"What do you want to do?" choose > A listing has wrong info or is categorized incorrectly.

A text box now appears. Here is what I would say to TA Staff who will read your message:

-----

I received the following email from you: (paste URL of that opened email here.) The already listed business linked in your email is not mine and has nothing to do with me.

I am trying to list an entirely different business [Name] in an entirely different category [category] in an entirely different state [State] than the above mentioned listing. Please refer to my recent previously submitted request for a listing for my property which is: (paste the URL of your business' website.)

I would appreciate it if you would look at my business and process it for a listing on TA.

-----

Staff will be able to see everything you have sent to TA.

When you get a listing, do look at the pinned topics in first position of topics on the Support Forum for business owners. Then you can register as an owner, claim your business, and access the Owners' Forum for support and to learn how to manage your business.

I hope you will report back how it goes.

7. Re: Running in circles here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:17