We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems getting listed as an attraction.

Ko Chang, Thailand
2 posts
Save Topic
Problems getting listed as an attraction.

Tried to list my girlfriend's bar/restaurant in Kai Bae, Koh Chang Thailand as an attraction under category: Nightlife. Received email from TA stating her business did not meet submission criteria and referred us to listing guidelines. I have reviewed them and still do not see which guideline her business failed to meet. I included address, telephone number and URL for her facebook business page. She doesn't have another business web page. She has run Sao's Kitchen and Bar in this location since 2006. There is a listing for a restaurant with a similar name located close by. Possible reason her listing was denied? (incidentally, one of her regular customers, believing this listing was hers, gave a very positive review to the similarly named restaurant) Thanks in advance.

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems getting listed as an attraction.

Have you tried getting a listing as a restaurant, instead of an attraction?

Ko Chang, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems getting listed as an attraction.

I haven't tried listing it as a restaurant yet, as it's primarily a sports bar with food sales making up roughly 10% of business. I have resubmitted as an attraction under category: Food & Drink and should know within 5 or so days. If listing still denied, I may try resubmitting as a restaurant.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,452 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems getting listed as an attraction.

Food & Drink (attraction) is meant for food tours, wine tours, etc.

The Nightlife listing requirements are here:

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614757-Nightlif…

A sports bar is probably considered a restaurant as most sport bars (at least in North America) do serve food.

When I googled her business name, it came up as Sao Bar in Facebook. You probably want to remove "kitchen" when submitting it again. And if I were you, I would try as Nightlife one more time and choose Bar in the category section, not Food and Drink.

By the way, you may get a response in five days but new listings can take as long as 4-6 weeks.

Silvia

Cascais, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems getting listed as an attraction.

I Expat-in-Cabarete,

I've listed OUTRO BAR as a Restaurant but it's a bar, although we have food it's a bar...do you know how to change it? :s

thanks for the help!

JF

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,452 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems getting listed as an attraction.

Hi there,

Since your bar is already listed, you need to follow Tripadvisor's instructions and post on the Owners' forum where other owners and Support Forum DEs may be able to help. Please read: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Yet you need to know that only bars with few food items (no prepared food) may be listed as bars. Bars/Pubs that serve prepared food are listed as restaurants: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Silvia

6. Re: Problems getting listed as an attraction.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17