We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

new york city
Level Contributor
6 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

For a website that is based on reviews, it is quite shocking that it is seriously impossible to find a link that says "contact us" or "comments" I really wanted to leave a feedback on the website, but I guess it is not welcomed, since they make it impossibe for you to voice your opinion on tripadvisor. This is the first moment that I have absolutely lost all my positive regards to Tripadvisor,com, since it was impossible to contact them. Yeah, tried the phone number as well.

I think I am quitting this site.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,206 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

I'm guessing that one of your complaints is that this review:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g255060-d2462…

is attached to the wrong restaurant, and you would like it moved.

If the correct restaurant is already listed on TA, then you just need to ask TripAdvisor to move the review. You can do that using the Submit a Case button in the Help Center; there is a tiny link to the Help Center at the bottom of every TripAdvisor page. However, here is a shortcut link for you:

www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport > select "Review appears on the wrong location" > select the review > type in the name of the correct restaurant

If the correct restaurant is not yet listed, you will need to save a copy of your review on your computer (if you haven't done that yet) and then submit a new listing. You'll find instructions on how to submit a new listing on this Help Center page:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

I contacted TA support on 9/15 re: the fact that all my previous contributions / reviews disappeared when I had to change my password. I wanted to peruse my past reviews prior to traveling to the same regions but I basically had to start over. To date - 3 weeks later - I've had no reply other than a confirmation that someone received my email. Is this long delayed response typical for TA support? Thanks!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

>> 3 weeks later - I've had no reply other than a confirmation that someone received my email. Is this long delayed response typical for TA support? Thanks!

Unfortunately yes

Railroad Pa
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

I have a business listing with TripAdvisor for which I pay $52.44 per month. I put up a Special Offer in early July for immediate posting for August stays and it didn't post until Aug 5th. Apparently it has never occurred to TripAdvisor that folks might want to book in a month prior to the one in which they are traveling...pretty basic travel stuff. Furthermore, when I look at my listing, as if I were a traveler, not an owner, there are ads for all sorts of other places (my competitors!). If this weren't bad enough, there is big bold print asking customers to book through Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. for which I have to part with a commission of 15-30% Naturally, I want guests to come to my web site and book directly but the link to my website is in tiny print. Furthermore, I wanted to call them to speak to someone about these issues and it's virtually impossible to find a phone number. For a site that's all about reviews, Trip Advisor's customer service is lousy...and, conveniently, there is NO PLACE to leave a review about them. And they want me to sign off their new terms and conditions saying I'm OK with their automatic renewal...so they can keep charging me after the expiration date and the onus is on me to notify them in writing in order for them to stop taking my money. Don't think I'll be renewing...

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

Hi there Pam N

Please read the information in the top post on this forum (Sticky topic for Property and Business Owners ) that will explain where you need to post your query.

Edited: 05 August 2015, 18:51
Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

You can leave a review for TripAdvisor at this location

consumeraffairs.com/travel/tripadvisor.html

17. Re: Can't I leave a review for Tripadvisor itself?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2016, 07:18