We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

The Restaurant Les Voiles d'Or in Dieppe, France has been awarded a 'Certificate of Excellence 2013' yet it hasn't received a single review in 2013!

The most recent review is my review from November 5, 2012. I went back to see what more recent reviews were saying and was very surprised to see it had been awarded an accolade without any reviews.

How can this be right?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

Hi indetraveller,

Welcome to the forum!

The most recent review is dated 16 March 2014. I suspect you have your filter set to English first; if set to any you'll see other reviews by date.

This article from the Help Center describes how the COE is awarded:

"To be eligible, a business must maintain an overall rating of four or higher (out of five), as reviewed by travellers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months."

What is the Certificate of Excellence?

…tripadvisor.co.uk/articles/200614047-What-i…

Regards,

L4

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

"The most recent review is dated 16 March 2014. I suspect you have your filter set to English first; if set to any you'll see other reviews by date."

Of course! I feel a little stupid now :-(

Thanks for responding.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

You're welcome! I've missed things too. :-)

Regards,

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,762 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

By the way, the COE is awarded based on the previous 12 months reviews.

Silvia

5. Re: How is a 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:16