We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

3 posts
Save Topic
TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

Greetings, i'm trying to use the "TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook" widget.

I follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab…

But when i click the dropdown list to choose the facebook page of my hotel, it displays all the other pages that i'm responsible, except the page of my hotel (in which of course i'm manager and not just publisher).

It's quite odd and i was wondering if anyone else had he same problem before.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advices/guidelines!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

Hi TakisSarikas;

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum. Please post your concern on that forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h…

Best Regards

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

Thank you and i'm sorry for the inconvenience!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

You're Welcome !

No need to apologize !!

4. Re: TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 14:27
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,473 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

Hi Norm ~

You have posted to the Support Forum which is meant for asking technical questions about the website and how to do something questions. You are in the "inner workings" of the TA website.

What you really need to do is go to TA's sister site, Cruise Critic, register as a user and make your way to your cruise ship's Roll Call section. It is in that section, for Royal Princess, that cruisers post "want ads" for shore excursions such as you are wanting.

Here is the link to Cruise Critic, which you can find by hovering over the word "More" in the green menu bar, then opening "Travel Forums." Now you get a directory of forums on TA: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

It is not a very fun site to navigate around, but after a bit you will get the hang of it.

There is another forum that is a bit more hidden. When you open the following link, you might want to bookmark it. It is the TA Cruises forum. On that forum, you probably won't be able to advertise for van buddies, but you can get good info about your cruise if you wish:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.h…

BTW, you are a brave soul to use your phone number on a public forum!!

Edited: 22 April 2014, 05:22
6. Re: TripAdvisor Reviews for Facebook Won't Recognize FB Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15