We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile app

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile app

Hi ever since the last mobile app software update, it is difficult to cut and paste quotes and edit?

could do it all fine before but now it won't let me!

Regards Deb

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,668 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Mobile app

Hi, I have been having the same glitch with the mobile site (not the app) for months. It started last fall. If I want to edit, it comes up with some old post of mine from months back instead of the current topic.

I don't want to use the mobile site at all. I want to use the full site, which has the features that are useful to me as a DE. I'm so tired of the site converting to mobile on me no matter how many times I select Full Site, especially now that the team took away the handy Full Site link at the bottom and make me go through clunky steps on the left menu to switch.

Then any time I refresh or go back to an open page, it reloads as mobile, and I have to repeat!

Even worse, if I am in the middle of writing a post and the phone for whatever reason leaves the browser window, when I go back in the site switches to mobile and eats my post I may have been working on for five minutes. No trace of it can be retrieved.

Then, to add insult to injury, it brings up a message offering me then mobile app, which I deleted from my phone because I hate it, and it offers me a big button to say yes, but the No Thanks button is so little and right on the edge that when I try to select it the phone picks up a link from underneath.

I am so fed up with this aggressive design trying to force me to use the mobile version. I don't like it, don't want it, just let me say so and select full site easily, and then leave me be!

While the iPhone does tend to pick up mobile versions and open them, TA is the ONLY site that makes it so hard to select and stay on Full Site, so I know it is TA's doing by choice, and that makes me extremely annoyed at the TA design team.

22. Re: Mobile app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:16