We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Owner replies

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Owner replies

I understand that you do not want a bickering back and forth of what the traveler and owner say, but allowing the owner to have the last word give them much more credibility. We the traveler post our review, they counter and that's the end of it.

I recently gave a negative review to a hotel. The manager responded and what he is saying is just not true, what he says happened is not the case, but there it stands. Also 50 percent of his response is an advertisement for his hotel. This particular individual has responded to other negative reviews from other users in the past by blaming or accusing the traveler.

Maybe you should allow the traveler to post, the owner to respond and the traveler to have one additional short response. It seems to me, that the current system will discourage honest, negative reviews, because who really needs the hassle of being falsely called a liar online.

I appreciate your time and would love to hear from other posters with their thoughts.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,067 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Re: Owner replies

Hi Jen;

IMHO, a bad response can be worse that a bad review. A series of bad responses tells the real story.

Leave your review as-is, and carry on.

Best Regards

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Re: Owner replies

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the input and perspective.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,067 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Re: Owner replies

You're Welcome !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Re: Owner replies

Thank you to everyone who responded. I feel much better about the entire process and this community.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Re: Owner replies

I'm curious about several things:

1) Did you book through Expedia?

2) How many magazines were there?

3) Did you keep intouch with this motel ahead of time - more than once?

>>This particular individual has responded to other negative reviews from other users in the past by blaming or accusing the traveler.<<

Hmmm, perhaps they *were* to blame?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,738 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Re: Owner replies

Don't underestimate readers abilities to understand the situation.

17. Re: Re: Owner replies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:15