We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Review Response

Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Review Response

Having posted a fair and truthful review, The hotel response was disappointing.They have given a totally inaccurate account of events and would imply that I am telling lies! As a customer service manager I would expect anyone to take onboard criticism and improve on the service as thats how we learn!! How can I go back on the hotel response on TripAdvisor?? Has this happened anyone else? ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,243 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Review Response

It happens frequently.

Unfortunately each side has one chance to make their statement, and that's it. Otherwise it would become an endless stream of finger pointing from both directions. Did you make an effort to speak with the management when you were there?

I personally think a great majority of the "he said/she said" situation could be avoided, if a resolution could be reached in person.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,243 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Review Response

I just read the review, and it think it's equally fair from both sides. I can't see where it may imply that you were lying, but perhaps it seems further elaborated by them, as in your statement, you only mentioned the reception wasn't helpful with a later checkout request - but no further details.

They actually took the time to apologise for the delay with the bar service, and also thanking you for your patronage. Whilst not written 'delightfully' (my words), it's not replied badly either - perhaps a touch too much information, but nothing offensive and certainly within the guidelines.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,877 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Review Response

I agree. I suspect your disagreement with the response may lie in whether there was an offer of a two hour later check out or not, as I can't see anything else that you could view as inaccurate.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,620 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Review Response

I too have read the MR and cannot see anything wrong with it

They used their opportunity to go into far more detail about their side of the story as is their right

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Review Response

Crystal, is "receptionist wasnot very helpful" code for "wouldn't give me what I wanted" or was it something else?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Review Response

I don't see a problem with their response, nor with your review.

I did not get the impression they are implying that you lied. There seemed to be a slight difference of opinion is all.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,877 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Review Response

>>>I did not get the impression they are implying that you lied. There seemed to be a slight difference of opinion is all.<<<

I didn;t get that impression either. The only thing that could be construed that way is the offer of a slightly later check out if it was not actually made.

There is a lot more detail about what happened in the response than the review, to be honest.

8. Re: Hotel Review Response

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16