We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

Maple Ridge, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

Flighthub Booking reference #002-101-063

I booked my flight through TripAdvisor.ca. After choosing the travel dates on your screen and my desired flights, the system redirected me to Flighthub site.

My husband and I checked again the travel dates and flight information before booking. However, when I received my confirmation, I noticed that the return date has been changed from June/08/2014 to Aug/06/2014.

I have captured and saved the screen on which I chose my return flight on JUNE 8, as a proof that there seemed to be a system error involved in my said transaction. I will be happy to forward such information to you for your reference.

Please kindly look into this matter as soon as possible and reply by e-mail.

Thank you

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

TA is not a booking site.

Forums are primarily member-to-member support and not an effective way to contact TA staff.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,831 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

Hi Grace welcome to the forum ~

The company you booked with is Flighthub, which advertises on TA. It's a bit like something going wrong with a Sears purchase that you bought after seeing it advertised in the Vancouver Sun. You need to take the problem up with the company you bought from.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,882 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

There has been another recent report where date format have be switched from dd/mm to mm/dd within the TA side of the flight search but basically you must ALWAYS double check all details before clicking BUY on any online system.

See tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k73601…

You need to URGENTLY contact FlightHub to see if they will change your booking but you may have an uphill struggle to get either TA or FlightHub to admit liability for the problem

Edited: 17 April 2014, 10:50
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,138 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

>>" you may have an uphill struggle to get either TA ... to admit liability for the problem"<<

Posted at the bottom of each TA page...

"TripAdvisor LLC is not responsible for content on external web sites."

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

HI Grace,

I just sent you a personal message with an email address to send your screenshot and details. Can you email these so that we can investigate this here and help with this?

Thanks,

Jeanine

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

TA is not a booking site.

------

It is now Hans even if only for accommodation at the moment.

FWIW someone also recently showed a bug with flight booking with dates switching on TA, which then got carried across to a third party. This seems like the same bug.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

I had the EXACT same problem.

I booked my return flight online for November 7th. But Flighthub sent the confirmation email with November 21st as my return date. There's a 0% chance that was an error on my part.

However I didn't take a screenshot of when I booked, so unfortunately I have no "proof".

I also didn't triple check my online receipt when I got it. so to my horror I showed up at the airport and there was no flight for me on November 7th.

When I called Flighthub to correct the error, I started to become suspicious. The only way for me to get home was to pay a $450 Flighthub additional charge, plus a $75 Air Canada charge. That's a total of $525. I just checked my credit card statement and they charged my $850 for this return flight.

Now that I've looked for online reviews for this company I'm aware that this happens VERY frequently to their customers and it's likely a part of their business plan. Send a confirmation email with the wrong date, few people will catch it immediately, and then charge customers an astronomical penalty to correct the dates, and then actually WAY overcharge on what customers agreed to pay. It's a fraudulent business practice.

I will be reporting this to Better Business Bureau, and reporting this as a fraudulent charge to my credit card company. I HIGHLY suggest TA does not do business with this company. If you looked for online reviews of this company, it seems it's common practice, and almost every review has the word "scam" or "fraud" written in it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

I also didn't triple check my online receipt when I got it. so to my horror I showed up at the airport and there was no flight for me on November 7th.

====

I'm not excusing the combo of TA and Flighthub here for this mixup (if it was their fault which is by no means certain) , but look at what you did (or didn't) do.

Booked without getting someone else to validate what you were typing was what you wanted or take a screen shot.

Didn't check email acknowledgment.

Didn't check your booking on the airlines website.

Didn't do online checkin a day before.

Didn't check the company you were spending $850 with.

There comes a point when you do have to look out for yourself.

As useless as this company is, I very much doubt this is "part of their business plan" it would require collusion on behalf of a large number of people, collusion that would lead to all sorts of prison-susceptible offenses that anyone informing the authorities of would get a very nice reward for.

Fact is, there are many people using Flighthub, many of whom will be completely hapless and make mistakes because they are careless (they were careless enough to use this company in the first place after all) , and even those that aren't, a proportion of them will simply make genuine mistakes. Name errors, date,even destination. Its bound to happen. Add in international use where the US weird MM/DD/YY (how on earth can that be a logical ordering of date?) will inevitably lead to additional mistakes.

So no conspiracy theory is needed, just enough people and not enough checking.

9. Re: Urgent! Please assist.System error in choosing flight date

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 05:15