We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can't review unlisted b&b

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
can't review unlisted b&b

I've tried both the mobile app and website but when trying to review an unlisted place I get prompted to search and it finds no results. I don't see an option to go ahead and write the review. Despite the help Page telling me I can do that.

I can't even find a way of contacting tripadvisor so I'm hoping this forum post works. It's taken me so long to try to figure out a way to do this or find an email from/address I'm close to not bothering.

I'm trying to add Hahndorf House because it's an awesome place to stay. :(

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,274 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

Hi polarwarp;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

After the search results display no matches, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see...

"Can't find what you're looking for?

Try a different spelling, and include the name of the city.

Still no luck? We may not yet list this hotel. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review."

Click on the words "Tell us more about it" in blue text and a new window will open.

Best Regards

FYI...new listing requests can take as long as 6 weeks to be processed.

Best Regards

Edited: 20 April 2014, 13:08
Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

Thanks!

I don't see that option - there's the search box at the top, there's two search results which aren't it and below that is just white.

I was going to post a screenshot but that doesn't seem to be an option :)

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,925 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

You're positive? Sounds like a computer issue, as I see that "Can't find what you're looking for?" box displayed below the box without search results, whether I use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Try clearing your TA cookies, that sorts out many similar issues.

If that doesn't work, please post on this thread again, as it may be a bug that TA needs to sort out.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

I'm using my phone but the site didn't redirect to a mobile url. I'm trying to review places whilst travelling. It'd be nice if their mobile app showed this option. (android). Thanks for youright reply.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,274 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

Hi polarwarp;

I would suggest emailing yourself your review notes. Once you are home, read your notes, compose your review in a word processor, and then submit your reviews by copying and pasting them to the full site.

Best Regards

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

I could do that or tripadvisor could fix their mobile experience. It shouldn't be this hard! At least foursquare allows you to easily add new places. This has turned into a chore!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,274 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
608 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

Don't forget a business may not want to be listed on TA.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,274 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

Hi Chappers64;

With the exception of "Vacation Rentals", which are listed by subscription only, all the other listings on TripAdvisor for free. Owners / managers of other accommodations aren't asked if they wish to be listed.

Best Regards

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,741 posts
1,098 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can't review unlisted b&b

>>Don't forget a business may not want to be listed on TA.<<

If they are open to the public they do not have a choice!

(With the exception of vacation rentals as noted above)