We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

My post titled "eDreams are a FRAUD! Anyone EVER received their money back?" was removed. (post May 06, 2014, 12:30 PM)

I've reviewed the Forum Guidelines, and can't see how my post was against this policy.

I think this might have been an error. There are MANY forum postings complaining about eDreams, so I'm not sure why mine was any different?

Your response is appreciated.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7431020…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,988 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

I think you might find calling a company a FRAUD might just be against guidelines.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

Okay, so I'm happy to adjust some of my language... but I don't want the post removed. I believe it's valuable for people to see. Can someone reactivate so I can change the title and slightly tone down my language of dissent?

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

and how do I contact the people who can do such a thing? I can't seem to find a direct contact or dedicated method to achieving such ends.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

it seems many postings are removed about eDreams. Is this solely because of the harsh words used against them? The removals seem inconsistent though -- can someone clarify TripAdvisors policy on using harsh words? People call them 'terrible'.... but you can't call them a 'fraud'? Hmm... what about if you 'believe they're fraudulent', rather than 'knowing' they are? does that make it okay? Clarify please! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

Hi Tracey,

While I'm not staff, I suspect, as the others are stating, it's do with this part of the forum guidelines:

"Allegations of fraudulent reviews or forum posts directed toward, or regarding, a specific person or property on TripAdvisor."

https:/…200613647-Forum-Guidelines

While that company isn't listed on TA, allegations of fraud are serious. However, you did get some good feedback before the thread was closed.

Regards,

L4

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

Fine... I understand. I'm happy to remove the word 'fraud' from my posting... but can someone please 'open' the now closed post? I'd like to change it please.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,392 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

Tracy you're on a forum here, not talking to TA Staff. TA Staff will likely not reinstate your post, even if you contacted them through the Help Centre. You could start another thread if you like, but be warned, the Air Travel Forum regulars are not sympathetic to people who run into trouble with such as eDreams and some of the other fly by night 3rd party operators. Especially if someone posts a rant which generally gets reported.

Just search the ATF for the threads about eDreams, then add your comments to one of those threads. There are 95 to choose from. The following thread has very recent posts added, just add your comments there. Oh and there are plenty of threads calling eDrema a fraud. Threads about eDreams are generally considered: ho hum, go away, no value added. Only because the topic has been thoroughly and vociferously covered by so many others who got caught out.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5829455…

Edited: 06 May 2014, 20:05
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

You have a very short window (5 minutes) to edit any post on TA after clicking the 'post your reply' button. At this point you can't edit your OP (original post). If you look at the message which replaced your post, then you'll see that enough members clicked the 'report inappropriate content' button and your post was removed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed...

You do have the option to visit the 'help center' and ask the forum Moderators to reinstate your post. http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport From the drop-down list select:

--> Forums, Private Messages & Traveler Articles

--> Help using the forums

A text box will open where you can provide a link to the thread and explain what has happened - asking them to re-open or reinstate your post. It may take a couple of days to hear back to them via e-mail.

I noticed that you've just joined TA, so as suggested above it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines (including all of the blue links). help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200613647

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,575 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

The OP can't edit the post title so I can't see how it can be reinstated.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: forum post removal, but doesn't contravene your guidelines.

Got it. Thanks, I understand.

Perhaps I shall start a new thread, focusing on this topic: "Has anyone had communication with Kayak, etc. to request and ensure that further customers aren't funnelled from their pricing websites into eDreams hands (a company which is regularly negatively reviewed)?"

I was very much discouraged by the fact that Kayak, a trusted website, directed us to an unscrupulous business. Perhaps that kind of posting can positively engage with the TripAdvisor community to hopefully limit future customers from using eDreams.

Anyway, thanks.