We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review has moved!

Watford
Level Contributor
12 posts
252 reviews
Save Topic
Review has moved!

Hi, I reviewed a pub called The Red Lion at Kniveton. It had lots of reviews. I just noticed that my review had moved to The Red Lion at Birchover. All the reviews that were previously for the Red Lion at Kniveton have been moved to the one at Birchover, an entirely different pub. Very strange! Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have notified Tripadvisor that my review is in the wrong place but there is no vehicle to advice them all the review have been moved in error to my knowledge?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review has moved!

Hi,

It looks like the Red Lion at Kniveton now has no reviews:

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g1847759-d3…

and they've all been moved to the Birchover listing:

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g2263469-d2…

I'd suggest letting TA Staff know and also include the link to this thread (will make it easier for you):

tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport-a_category.40

Listings > A listing has wrong information.... (you'll get a dialogue box)

Regards,

L4

Watford
Level Contributor
12 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review has moved!

Thanks very much indeed. I have reported it as you suggested and linked the thread too,

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review has moved!

You're welcome! The listings team is pretty busy, from what I can tell; thanks for reporting it.

Regards,

L4

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review has moved!

I've just noticed a few of them (referring to Birchover and Kniveton) appear on the Red Lion Hunningham site. The other two Red Lion pages appear to have disappeared as your links above now go to the Red Lion Hunningham too, which clearly isn't right as they are about the wrong pub! I'm about to flag them as being in the wrong place, but did TripAdvisor get back to you?

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review has moved!

Just had a closer look and they seem to have combined at least three Red Lions - Brereton, Kniveton and Birchover into one somehow. Not only combining the reviews but also the photos! (It's doing the Red Lion in Hunningham the world of good as the reviews of the other three are generally great while the it is going down the pan!)

I've reported to TA too and included link to this forum so hopefully they can sort it!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,592 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review has moved!

This to me highlights TA's lack of local knowledge. There are some takeaways which have been added to the Leeds restaurant list, some of which are in Leeds, Kent.

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review has moved!

Totally but things like this really undermine its credibility as a rating site. The Red Lion is a pretty common name - they can't possibly think that four pubs in different places (with different photos and different comments) should all just be lumped together! Really needs sorting!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Review has moved!

I think the Red Lion is the most common Pub name in England, and I can understand reviews being posted to the wrong one but this seems a bit strange

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review has moved!

Yes I can understand people genuinely posting to the wrong one, but in this case the other pages have been closed down and TA has actually shifted reviews!

Watford
Level Contributor
12 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review has moved!

Hi! Sorry haven't been on for a while. Well. They then moved my review to the Red Lion at Hunnington as you noted. I have reported it again as being incorrect two days ago and nobody has come back to me at all, not sure what to do now! Any idea's? Thanks for all your responses :)