We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

Tokyo, Japan
6 posts
Save Topic
Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

Dear Trip Advisor Community,

My employers, the Nihonbashi Information Centre, would like to list a tour attraction on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, there is another property listed on Trip Advisor named COREDO Muromachi, a department store that shares the same physical address as our place of business (the Nihonbashi Information Centre operates out of the basement of the currently listed COREDO Muromachi). However, they are not the same attraction and are managed by different companies, thus completely seperate entities.

In summary, we would like to create a seperate listing for our "Best of Japan Tour in COREDO Muromachi" (tour title) that is not afiliated with the current COREDO Muromachi business listing. Unfortunately, when we attempted to create a new listing, we received an automated response from Trip Advisor alerting us that our attraction alreasy exists in their database. The attraction, however, is COREDO Muromachi, and we are unable to proceed with creating a new listing because the database has discovered that our addres is already listed (albiet as COREDO Muromachi, not the desired Best of Japan Tour in COREDO Muromachi).

We would appreciate any advice the Trip Advisor Community can offer on how the create a new listing for our tour attraction.

Sincerely,

Nihonbashi Infomation Centre Staff

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,973 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

Question, when you sent out your listing request, which address did you use? You need to use your office address. If your office is in the COREDO Muromachi mall (which is listed), then add the Suite number so that the addressees are not exactly the same.

I would also omit from the listing name " COREDO Muromachi". I can't come up with anything that does not imply a multi-day tour, which Best of Japan does. Could you do Best of Japan Shopping day tour?

Silvia

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,903 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

I agree with Silvia's excellent suggestions above.

Tokyo, Japan
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

Dear RescueTeam, RojBlake, sunmagic, and Country_Wife,

Thank you so very much for your prompt and informative replies. I learned alot about the workings of Trip Advisor from your posts!

I received word from Trip Advisor administration nforming us that we now have a Nihonbashi Information Center page. We have yet to decide whether to pursue the creation of a tour only page, but in the event that we do so, I will certainly put the invaluable information you have given me to good use!

Thank you for the positive, first-time forum experience: I've never posted on a forum before.

Cheers,

Nihonbashi Information Center Staff

Tokyo, Japan
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

Dear Silvia,

Thank you very much for you advice! You're absolutely right: our information center was recently admitted as a listing at the same address, but with the suite "B1" amended to it. That seemed to do the trick!

As for the tour, that's a great suggestion. I'll ask some of my colleagues here what they think - I'm sure that we can find a way to word it in a way that pleases Trip Advisor's administrative bodies. "Shopping Day Tour" sounds like a good add-on, though...

Thank you for your time and kindness!

Nihonbashi Information Center Staff

15. Re: Tour Listing Trouble - Please Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16