We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double entries: you should merge

Brunico, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Double entries: you should merge

There're two restaurants... people aren't able to spell correct the restaurant's name and therefore you find it twice @ tripadvisor:

"birreria Forst", tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g194704-d3…

and

"Forsterbrau" tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g194704-d2…

These two should be merged! Also, the restaurant's name is "Försterbräu"

You should

a) provide merging mechanisms or notification tool -- not via this forum :(

b) really make sure of misspellings -- use addresses, for instance, for double check :(

1. Re: Double entries: you should merge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 18:35
Edited: 11 May 2014, 18:35
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,890 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Double entries: you should merge

Before I respond to your posting, I want to point out that I don't work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member like you who volunteers to help fellow members with their questions.

TA doesn't make the method for correcting duplicate listings easy to find. You will find instructions in the Help Center, which has a tiny link at the bottom of every TripAdvisor page. A shortcut link is this:

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport > select "Listings" > select "Report a duplicate listing"

@EW: Not helpful.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 18:21
Brunico, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double entries: you should merge

Thanks for pointing out, country_wife! :) I did use the reporting as you mentioned. The duplicate listing should be made easier to reach.

velankanni
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double entries: you should merge

the destination named velankanni in tamil nadu, india is same as vailankanni in tamil nadu, india. merge them and put one destination as velankanni

5. Re: Double entries: you should merge

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 12:35
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Double entries: you should merge

VitusPaul, no one will take action from your post here, you will have to report it via the right place. See post 2 for details.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 11:54
7. Re: Double entries: you should merge

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16