We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on helpful votes

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
566 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on helpful votes

"Your wrote it, they loved it". This feedback seems to have disappeared, which is a shame as it gave an indication that your reviews were helpful to some people and was therefore an encouragement.

I am not so into my own reviews as to bother to keep trawling my contributions list to see which have got helpful votes (not that I would remember the number for each anyway), but it was nice to be told periodically that someone had found a particular review helpful. Any prospect of it returning?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-reviews/malabarfly

Rottingdean, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

I have 30 helpful votes but it would be nice to find out for what reviews they were as this would help give the information people want.

If I can't find this information then there seems little point in writing reviews people don't want.

Is there a way of finding out.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-reviews/PaulWTurner

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

Hello Hans

Thank you for that. Yes I know I can get a list of all my contributions that have the number of helpful votes alongside but as I said, I don't want to keep trawling through to see if any have been added. Firstly, I would not remember how many helpful votes some of the older reviews had got unless I made a note of it, and secondly I'm not that into my own reviews to keep a note of which ones gained helpful votes and then keep checking to see whether there are any additional ones.

My point is that TA used to inform reviewers of any new helpful votes so that they wouldn't need to keep checking (if they were that concerned), and I wondered why this had stopped as I thought it useful to encourage reviewers and let them know their reviews were helping someone..

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
46,158 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

I used to get these updates. I thought I hadn't seen one for a while, but thought I just hadn't had any new helpful votes!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,673 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

Well I cannot recall ever having an e_mail from TA saying a new helpful vote has been added to one of my reviews

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

I only get e-mails on new photo-likes and they bug me. Plus many seem to be duplications.

Wish i could sign out, but TA already said there's no way :-/

Edited: 12 May 2014, 18:03
8. Re: Feedback on helpful votes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:18