We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review was removed

Kent, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
My review was removed

I reviewed a hotel my husband and I stayed at in Jan of 2014. I received and responded to the "is this review accurate" email TripAdvisor sends out. The review was posted for several weeks, but I noticed today while I was reviewing another hotel that my January review has been removed.

I believe I followed all the rules, so what happened to my review?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,880 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review was removed

Hi Christina

Ask TA_Staff about your review.

www.TripAdvisor.com/GeneralSupport

-> Reviews

-> Status of My Review

-> Not Listed

=========

You can post the text of your review (I hope you saved it!) here and folks can see if there is anything that violates the guidelines. TA is getting very picky lately, savvy owners are asking for violating reviews to be removed, and reviews that are too generic are being removed. Of course I don't know what happened in your situation.

Kent, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My review was removed

I did not save the text.

Well, I guess the hotel didn't want people to know they had bed bugs.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My review was removed

No, that wouldn't be the reason that the review was removed. Hotels don't get some kind of veto over reviews so that they can remove reviews that they don't like. They can report reviews that violate guidelines or that they think are suspicious or are posted to the wrong location, just like any other TA member can. They can also have reviews removed if they submit proof of a change of ownership or major renovation; in that situation, all reviews, positive and negative, are reviewed.

Use the link in #1 above to ask TA the reason that the review was removed rather than just leaping to conclusions.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,138 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My review was removed

>>"They can also have reviews removed if they submit proof of a change of ownership or major renovation; in that situation, all reviews, positive and negative, are reviewed."<<

I believe that my esteemed colleague meant - "...all reviews, positive and negative, are *removed*."

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My review was removed

Thank you, RT. Yes, I meant "removed".

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,138 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My review was removed

You're Welcome !

7. Re: My review was removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 15:35
Kent, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My review was removed

I guess everything I now post is determined to be inappropiate and removed.

Weird.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,880 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My review was removed

Hi Christina I

You can ask TA_Staff why a forum post was removed by using this method

www.TripAdvisor.com/GeneralSupport

-> Forums

-> Help Using the forums

This method will get you to the correct TA department (not the same as the review department.)

Edited: 15 May 2014, 20:01
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My review was removed

Christina I, unlike other websites, TripAdvisor has guidelines for both reviews and forum posts. To read about them, click on the teeny tiny blue Help Center link at the bottom of any page.