We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,696 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

This has been going on for a few days for me, but I see other mumblings from people who seem to be having similar problems where the site is just crippled for them. It doesn't seem to be browser specific.

On my office computer (Win 8), using Chrome. First I noticed that avatars and other photos weren't loading, then a variety of links didn't work. After refreshing my cache, etc I tried logging out.

Now the LOG IN link doesn't work (appears disabled - can't click it). On the Tripadvisor.com landing page, Other than the top banner photo of the beach, no other images are loading. Not even the image for Follow us on Facebook or Twitter. I've been this way for some number of days. Can't log in because the link isn't being enabled.

I've cleared everything I possibly can from the cache, deleted all cookies, etc. all the way back to "the beginning of time". Closed all browser windows. Even rebooted. It didn't help.

I'm having no problem using Chrome for a variety of other sites, and have been routinely on TA from this computer and browser in the past with no issues.

I can use IE on this same computer and it's fine (though it seems to be timing out following some links - so it's not perfect).

If anyone at TA wants to PM me, I'd be happy to send email you a screen shot of what my landing page looks like.

On my home computer (Win 7), Chrome to TA is working fine.

Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

I have the same problem and some images are not display correctly with Chrome.

IE is fine so I guess it browser specific issue and TA needs to fix this.

Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

TA doesn't work on my Chrome too. I tried to click on the photos uploaded in hotel reviews, but they just refused to load and would just kick me back to the review page.

Other issues would include un-clickable links. Thumbnails not showing.

Maybe the web designer should take note to test the site on MAJOR browsers (being IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) before updating the live site. This is pretty annoying....

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,696 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

It's been very frustrating. I finally got logged back into TA on Chrome by clicking on an email notification that I had a new message. I was then presented with a login dialog. My login link on the main Tripadvisor.com landing page wasn't enabled so I couldn't get in by the usual means!

IE on my office computer is now having issues too, though the behavior is slightly different from my Chrome issues on the office computer. Photos and thumbnails load, I can log in, but some links time out. Even links to follow the breadcrumb trail back to a higher forum level time out, with IE saying the website has a problem. (That's on IE, but Chrome can do this part)

Right now, I'm going back and forth between the two browsers, because each has different but persistent issues with what it can and can't do.

UPDATE: I did an experiment. I brought up a VM (Virtual Machine) that had no TA experience and very little outside browsing. I had the same issue with the Chrome TA landing page loading incompletely. My conclusion is that it may be a firewall issue in my work environment -- especially since IE is glitchy too, especially when a link will transition from one page to another (and perhaps new promotions or ads reload?)

We don't even block Facebook or other recreational browsing here. We do just security-based and "adult" blocking.

It seems like TA or one of their Third Party adware partners has begun doing something that my work firewall does not like. Everything used to be fine until a couple of weeks ago. I forget exactly when this started happening.

I don't think it's my Chrome version because IE is having difficulty as well.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

I'm using Chrome, Windows 8, all fine here, had a good scoot round the site even ventured to areas I have never been to and everything displays normally... !

Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

I did nothing and it's working now.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
32 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

The white menu board that includes login on chrome for latest imac also is not working and am unable to login to trip advisor. Agreed very frustrating

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

Hi Jeff,

I don't use Chrome in my iMac every day as I prefer Safari, but just tried it (Version 35.0.1916.114) and was able to log in. Running OSX 10.9.3.

Check to see that you're running the latest version of Chrome and if you are, delete your cache and try again. It should work for you too.

Silvia

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

I was using IE11 and had major problems and switch to Chrome and all is working perfectly

Brant Lake, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

I have this problem too. Chrome shows the following error: Redirect at origin 'http://c1.tacdn.com' has been blocked from loading by Cross-origin Resource Sharing policy: Received an invalid response. Origin 'http://www.tripadvisor.com' is therefore not allowed access.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Major TA website issues - me too! (Chrome this time)

I question your choice of thread title. It sounds to me like a major Chrome issue. I have those on various sites, which is why I use Chrome only when I need to try an alternative browser. If I pursued all the problems that I get with Chrome on individual sites, I'd run out of time to do productive web use. Just move on with another browser.