We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
489 reviews
Save Topic
asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

It is impossible to ask TA a question. You can go to a million other questions with answers provided but if a question about my account...forget it.

So here is my question: One the reviews I wrote has had over 12,500 hits. Is this a record?

Can you give us members other reviews that have over 10,000 hits? I think all members would find some of these useful and interesting.

Do you list reviews by date? hits? how?

Is there a way that when I am on a review I can see the ones(old or new) that have the most reads/hits?

thank-you, john balanoff

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

Before I respond to your post, I want to point out that I don't work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member like you who volunteers to help fellow members with their questions.

I can't answer all of your questions, but I can tackle a few:

"Do you list reviews by date? hits? Is there a way that when I am on a review I can see the ones(old or new) that have the most reads/hits?"

Reviews can be sorted by date or by rating. The number of hits is purely an internal statistic that TA tracks, it's never displayed or used externally for anything, aside from encouraging emails to members. Also, the hits aren't exact for each review, as you always see several reviews on a page. So it's hard to know precisely which review(s) were being read.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,671 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

And the page of reviews (not a single review) will have waaaaay more hits if it is for resorts in say Punta Cana or Cancun than say in Seattle.

I don't even have that subscription setting turned on in my account settings because it's all smoke and mirrors.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,290 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

Hi John;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

.... moved from the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better Forum to the TripAdvisor Support Forum.

Regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

5. Re: asking a question/ contacting someone at tripadvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17