We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"You may write another review..."

USA
Level Contributor
7,028 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
"You may write another review..."

"You may write another review of [this motel] after three months, if you have visited it again." Please, does this mean what it says? If I write a review after three months can the visits be, say, three weeks apart? I assume the hope is that the visits are three months apart, but do they have to be? Thanks.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "You may write another review..."

Hi hoogo,

I stayed in the same hotel with one week's break and had a polar experience during my stay. Was frustrated that I only could leave a review three month later for my second stay. I believe I never bothered, although was able to review it.

Haven't come across with any limitations in this particular regard, so I think it doesn't matter when you stayed as long as it was not one year ago.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,903 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "You may write another review..."

Agree with Cora, the primary intent is to have reviews published with a certain spacing between them. In theory, if you submitted a review in April of an experience in April, and then later realized that you hadn't reviewed a prior visit, you could submit a review of your March experience in July.

USA
Level Contributor
7,028 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "You may write another review..."

Thanks to you both.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,760 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "You may write another review..."

I stayed in a hotel in their base category Superior rooms, wrote an OK review. Within a fortnight I was back staying in the same hotel within their newer renovated luxury wing with Club Lounge facilities. Tried to write a review but got that response "you can review again 3 months". Didn't feel there was much point noting down in my diary 3 months later to "remember to write that next review of ..... hotel".

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,903 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "You may write another review..."

You have the option of removing your review, and replacing it with one which covers both visits.Removing the review resets the clock, so to speak. The 3-month (or 1-month) clock will start ticking again from the day that you submit the new review.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 23:03
6. Re: "You may write another review..."

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16