We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop syncing photos on mobile app

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
Stop syncing photos on mobile app

Hi, is is possible to not sync photos when syncing the mobile app? I've just downloaded the Barcelona app and it came with several thousand photos. Great to look at but not good for hogging memory. Also can you go in and remove photos?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,402 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop syncing photos on mobile app

Hi there and welcome to the forums! This is a member-driven forum. I'm just a member like you.

No, I don't think it is possible to stop syncing photos nor remove them. All travel guides are full of photos; that's quite normal even in printed guides. They also don't take much memory. I have two city guides in my iPad -- New York City and Washington, DC -- at the moment. The app and guides is taking about 365mb of my 16gb storage, less than 2%.

Silvia

Edited: 16 May 2014, 16:48
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop syncing photos on mobile app

When you are visiting 8 cities in 1 trip, it takes up a lot of space. Also I would rather have TV shows and movies. Is there somewhere to suggest functionality to TripAdvisor developers?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop syncing photos on mobile app

I found a solution :-)

When it is syncing the maps, reviews and photos, just pause the sync when it gets to Photos.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,402 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop syncing photos on mobile app

Yes, you can provide Tripadvisor feedback on the photo sync/update by scrolling down one of your city guides to Feedback. It'll open an email form for you to send it.

Silvia

5. Re: Stop syncing photos on mobile app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 07:16