We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing dates

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Missing dates

Have tried several times. Both in the forums and with Trip Advisor themselves to get an answer as to why I don't get a date on the review I am looking at. Without a current date the review is a bit useless.

G

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing dates

I see a date (date submitted) on all reviews.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing dates

Could you post a link to a review where you don't see the date? Are you using a computer (which browser?) or a mobile device with the app?

Silvia

Edited: 18 May 2014, 17:49
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing dates

Laptop works fine , mobile app is on iphone5

With all updates .

Thanks for your reply

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing dates

Hi John,

From your latest post, I'm assuming that the issue is with the app. I opened it in my iPhone 4 and see the date of reviews to the right of the review rating. That is the date the review was submitted.

Is it that you're looking for the 'date of stay' that appears at the end of every review on the full site? Those are not shown in either app (Tripadvisor and City Guides). You can only assume it was within the past 12 months as Tripadvisor only accepts reviews for stay within 12 months of date of submission. Individual ratings are also not displayed in the apps.

To see the date of stay with a device you'll need to open Safari. You'll first get the mobile version but you need to full version. To get to the full version, once in the mobile version, you'll see a box with a few lines on the upper left corner of your screen. Open that up and scroll all the way down to Full Site. It'll be hard to read but you'll have the same information you have on Tripadvisor.com in your laptop.

Silvia

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing dates

Thanks for your reply , I just want to know the date of the review ! Restaurant , Hotel , anything

A review is useless if you don't know when that review was posted.

Trip Advisor don't seem to know why this is happening.

But I thank you for your reply .

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missing dates

John,

The date of the review is located at the top to the right of the rating. I can see it in my iPhone app. I checked for hotels and restaurants. The date is there.

"Trip Advisor don't seem to know why this is happening." Well, it'll be hard for them to troubleshoot something they can probably see just like I can. Is there any particular listing where you don't see the dates? Maybe by checking the same one you're checking we can figure it out.

Silvia

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing dates

My point is I don't !!!

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing dates

Every listing, and I know where the date should be . If it was there I wouldn't be asking the question !! Maybe yours is ok and it seems everybody else as well but mine is not that's why I ask for help ?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,527 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing dates

Hi John;

Respectfully...the problem is on your end, and apparently, can't be seen by others.

Silvia, who is NOT TA staff but a volunteer on this forum, it taking the time out of her day trying to assist you. No need to be rude to her !

Please post a link to the page that you don't see a date so that the rest of us can look at it as well, and maybe one of us can help solve your problem.

Best Regards

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,941 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing dates

So, why don't you list the URLs of a couple of examples to see if anyone else can recreate the problem, instead of just insisting you can't see them?