We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

Palo Alto California
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

I don't seem to be able to find a way to pull up my reviews list to look back on my reviews. Also I would like to search the reviews lists of others, is there a way to do this please?

Since TA does not give an email address to ask questions like this I have to ask in the forum. Please be patient with me.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,521 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

Hi

This is the right place to ask! Other forum members with experience can offer suggestions.

Are you on the full TripAdvisor website? You can click the name/avatar of a member to get a list of forum contributions, then click "Reviews" on the right.

You can do the same thing for yourself (click on your avatar) or you can use "Hi ____" dropdown menu at the top to -> Contributions, and then ->Contributions by Type

Palo Alto California
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

Thank you for your reply but that does not seem to work for me. If I click on your avatar it brings up a list of your Forum messages but nowhere does it give me a list of your reviews. If I go to the Hotel reviews page and click on an avatar it gives me a list of pictures of places visited, but nowhere on the page does it say reviews. If I click on my own avatar it does not say reviews anywhere, I thought they may be listed under messages, but no those are messages sent to me. VERY frustrating! I am signed in and everything else seems to be in order, for instance I am posting here!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

Click on the persons avatar and you see their reviews.

Right under their name is a link to reviews (and photos)

Click on that.

4. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 16:41
Palo Alto California
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

There must be something wrong, I have clicked all over the place. On the Forums List page there is nowhere where it says "reviews". When I click "Contributions" it takes me to the picture page. On that page it says I have posted 13 reviews but when I try to click on that, the cursor changes from a hand to a line so it goes nowhere. I can find no Contributions by type and no arrow.

I think perhaps the site may not have loaded properly on my computer if it is so easy for the rest of you. :(

Palo Alto California
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

Hey, wait a minute.... SUCCESS! At least partially....

When I click on Jointheuk and PacificNWFamily it shows the list you are talking about on the left, with reviews at the top, but that side panel does not appear when I click on my avatar.

Palo Alto California
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

And it has only just now appeared when I click on yours.....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

OK...try this step by step:

1. click on the arrow to the right of Hi name at the top right

2. Select Contributions

3. Toward the top on the far right you'll see a box and inside it says, "Contributions by type". Click on the arrow on the right

4 Select Reviews (which is a link)

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

L4

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

When I click on Jointheuk and PacificNWFamily it shows the list you are talking about on the left, with reviews at the top, but that side panel does not appear when I click on my avatar.

=====

For some unknown-only-to-TA reason its different when looking at anyone elses avatar or your own one.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 16:50
USA
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Searching for my reviews and the reviews of others.

Anyone who is logged in can click on this link to see his review page: http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews