We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug or intentional?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Bug or intentional?

I just revised a traveler article and noticed that while I can choose to Bold or Italicize, or use numbered or bulleted lists, I can't change the font size. I wanted all the headings to be a uniform size, and bigger than the default, but this no longer seems possible. Was this an intentional change, or one of those, "Whoopsie, unintended consequences" glitches?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,085 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug or intentional?

Zoey, which web browser are you using? I just did a quick check on my iPad with Safari and I see the same format options as before: paragraph (normal size), sub-heading (slightly larger), heading (largest font). But I know IE users have lost some of the table functions that once were available for Traveler Articles, and are still available with Firefox. Hence the question about browsers.

However, you've never been able to set 10pt, 14pt, or 18pt as a font size, just the general format options listed above.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 20:17
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,085 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bug or intentional?

Just had a quick look at a Traveler Article on Firefox and the text styles options look unchanged, just as I saw them on Safari and described them in my post above.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug or intentional?

I'm on IE 11.

I remember how it used to be, and was puzzled because I can't see those additional options anymore. Is it all IE versions? Guess I can look at home, where I have an older IE version.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug or intentional?

When TA finally fixed the problems with TravArticles on IE, they took out some options. I can't access it right now or I'd look it up, but I know things changed.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,085 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug or intentional?

Finally had a look at it in Internet Explorer, and you're right - I see no option to adjust the font size, like there used to be in IE and still exists in Firefox and in Safari.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug or intentional?

I forgot, I changed at home to the chrome browser. I looked last night; It does show the additional options that I always used to see. When I get a chance, I'll have to update the article.

7. Re: Bug or intentional?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 07:16