We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You removed my posting

Barton Seagrave
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
You removed my posting

Dear Tripadvisor

With regard to this message you sent me I refute everything you have stated and you are totally wrong in your assumptions, to clarify here are my replies to your guidelines.

What I stated was the absolute truth of events that occurred while My husband & I stayed at the guest house

I am the actual traveler and I wrote the review

As the traveler and the person staying at the Oakley guest house Skegness, that means my views are first hand and not from a discussion.

I posted my own experience

Again as the person writing this and being the person staying at the residence that cannot in any way be classed as second-hand information, rumours, hearsay nor a quotation from other sources.

I am not involved with the establishment nor have I been involved by way of being a manager, past employee, volunteer or associated to employees of the same type within that city / town or within 10 miles of that property.

Your judgement to remove my valid comment was and still is totally wrong, potential guest have a right to know what they could be facing while staying at the Oakley Guest House Skegness, if such a notice as mine had been placed while I was reading thier reviews, I am quite certain I would have looked at alternative accommodation.

I respectfully request that my original statement be re-installed as a warning to others of possible consequence should they decide to choose this place to stay at.

Regards

Mrs Jennifer Walker

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,106 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You removed my posting

I'm afraid you've posted this on the Trip Advisor Support forum where other members like yourself can post. If you've hada review removed then you need to go through the appropriate channels in the TA Help Centre.

If you click on the link below, then select Reviews; then Status of My Review and finally select Not Listed. Then you can type your message to TA support in the final entry field.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You removed my posting

Before I respond to your posting, I want to point out that I don't work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member like you who volunteers to help fellow members with their questions.

TripAdvisor's review rejection messages can be singularly unhelpful. It sounds like the message that you received said that the review was not a first-hand experience. Usually, what that means is that the review that you submitted does not give the impression of being a first-hand experience. For example, you may have written:

"This guest house is very nice and host Gerry is very friendly". This sounds like it could be second-hand information. "We thought the guest house was very nice and host Gerry gave us a warm welcome" sounds like something that you actually experienced.

If you have the text of your review, you can post it here and look for suggestions on how to change it and resubmit it so that TA staff or the TA auto-filters will not reject it.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 18:41
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,413 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You removed my posting

Quite often writing in 3rd person "brochure style" can cause this rejection. To avoid the auto-filters, the review needs to be written largely in the 1st person tense. In my personal opinion, the first half a dozen lines of the review in 1st person are enough to make the auto-filters happy, leaving more leeway for 3rd person tense later on in the review.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You removed my posting

Jennifer, you are taking a computer generated message triggered by automatic filters too much to heart, it's not that someone at TA read your message and decided this, it was all done automatically and in your case I'm sure, wrongly.

As said, hopefully you still have your text, resubmit with more use of I and we and less general terms. There was one a few weeks back which whilst grammatically well written, sounded as if it was froma brochure, very impersonal and was rejected for that reason.

Also I don't know what your "very valid" comment but it does need to be something you directly experienced,if it was, perhaps,"the people at the next table told us their room was cold also" that is regarded as hearsay and not allowed. Not saying you did that, just covering the possibilities.

5. Re: You removed my posting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16