We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Site Maintenance May 22

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Topic
Site Maintenance May 22

Hi all,

Tonight at 7:00pm US Eastern Time, our site will undergo some scheduled maintenance for approximately three hours. During that time, many features of our site will temporarily become "read-only," which will disable any features that write to our databases:

- You cannot submit new reviews, photos or videos

- New forum topics cannot be written (although you can browse existing forum topics/posts)

- You cannot vote or rate reviews or photos

- You will not be able to connect to Facebook during this maintenance period

- Mobile users will be unable to register, write a review or post to the forums

There is no need to report any error messages or unusual behavior you might encounter during this time -- our engineers will be aware of any issues and they will make sure that everything gets back to normal as soon as possible.

Feel free to share this news with your own forums if you'd like.

Best regards,

TA_Jeanine

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,042 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

Many thanks Jeanine......have shared the message with my Destination Forums :)

Angie.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

Jeanine, i do wonder why TA doesn't post a Forum wide sticky when it comes to these major site maintenance work - there are I should think a vast number of users who don't even know this Forum exists, so at least they could have half a chance of being informed - or, better still, a member wide PM !!

Seems to be the usual way on websites, to disseminate important information in a global fashion - yet TA for whatever reason always seem one step behind.

Thanks for "your" heads up on here anyhow, I'll spread the word on my local forums.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

Thanks MKB,

We have done this previously and it would be useful. However we currently have an issue where the forums slow down to a screeching halt when we create a global sticky note (this was discovered last year during one of our site maintenance periods, and our global sticky nearly caused the equivalent of a forums power outtage). Engineering has been working to address this, but in the meantime, we can't post global stickies. Sorry about that!

Jeanine

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,582 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

i believe this maintenance also affects private messaging as I am unable to access this as well.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

Thnaks al22tecc,

Looks like it does! I tried to access a private message during maintenance and was also unable to. We'll add that to our messaging for the next time we do maintenance.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out!

Jeanine

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

Sounds like there may be some issues from the maintenance (lots of missing posts)

Bali, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

Hello, I was browsing through the support forum to find related post and threads. So I am going to address my inquiry here.

A reviewer posted on facebook that he/she post also on TA, but when I checked, no updated post appear on TA. And it was earlier this week, before the maintenance announcement. Is there any issue that we should be aware of?

Thank you.

8. Re: Site Maintenance May 22

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:15