We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA forums posting/display issues?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
TA forums posting/display issues?

I'm seeing discrepancies between what TA says I've posted, and shows me under my postings, and what is shown if i go to the forum and look. There seems roughly to be a gap of around a couple of hours where posts arent shown if you look in the forum, only if you go to that thread directly

For example I can only see this thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k747… if i go to it directly, its not shown when I select the London forum

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,169 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

I still think there are issues. While I can see Hawkeye's posts above on this topic, when I look at the forum page, TA Jeanine is the last respondent.

On my destination page, I can see a topic on page 2 of the forum, yet when I click into it I get a Content Removed message tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g469404-i9711-k7… which is actually correct as it's a duplicate post.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Right, when I clicked back on this thread it showed TA Jeanine was the last to respond.

It all messes with me so I'm going outside and plant flowers. Good luck.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

This thread shows on my forum list but with the 18:58 post as the latest post time missing the three more recent posts.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Same problem. "Invisible" thread but post shows in forum contributions. Just posted in the other thread on this topic.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Things are NOT back to normal, it has been doing this all day on the France forum, from when I got up this morning till now (it is 9:40 pm here). Several of my posts are invisible, some entire threads are not updated (when someone posts a reply, it doesn't go back to the top of page 1). On one thread I was the 8th reply, but now I see only two replies.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Same problems currently on the Maldives forum too.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Same problems in the Israel forum too, multiple threads that I've posted in are not shown in the forum page, but reachable from my user page.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,860 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Their server maintenance last night perhaps introduced some issues

I see it on my Mexico forums

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

We haven't heard from TA Staff?

Edited: 24 May 2014, 01:30
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

It's been 24 hours now that the site hasn't been working properly. It's impossible to use the forum until it's fixed as a poster has no way of knowing how many replies have already been posted before hers/his and it leads to misunderstandings.