We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA forums posting/display issues?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
TA forums posting/display issues?

I'm seeing discrepancies between what TA says I've posted, and shows me under my postings, and what is shown if i go to the forum and look. There seems roughly to be a gap of around a couple of hours where posts arent shown if you look in the forum, only if you go to that thread directly

For example I can only see this thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k747… if i go to it directly, its not shown when I select the London forum

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,343 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Vancouversundog ~

Your thread opened for me. Both the OP and the first reply were "removed by the community."

The issue of this thread is that the thread topics are vanishing from the forum main page list of topics. A lot of forums. It sounds as though your thread, like so many others, has vanished form the topics main page, but you can access it from your forums contributions page.

Post 23 has a progress report.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Posting from the UK at 08:45 still the problem on the Greek forum. Grrr!

Late last night they were disappearing and re-appearing like rabbits going in and out their holes!!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,029 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

See my other thread. Some post sow when using Chrome but not with Safari while the ones showing using Safari are nowhere to be seen with Chrome. Using same site and same URL.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,029 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

All this may explain why the forum where I usually hang out the most (China) has be incredibly quiet in the last 24 hours.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,929 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

I see recent forum postings for China spread across the last 14 pages of the China forum:

Here's a link to page 13, which currently has a post on it from just 30 mins ago, then a lot of older posts:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g294211-i642-o240-C…

Edited: 24 May 2014, 11:48
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,304 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

If I view my destination forum on my laptop, the posts are completely different to the ones I see on my tablet, yet there are recent different posts on both versions. The whole site seems to be out of sync. Ho hum.

Edited: 24 May 2014, 12:01
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,929 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

I just bumped a post that I made on this Support forum yesterday about TA's mascot, Ollie the Owl. It should now be on page 1 of the forum list, but I don't see it there. If someone else does see it, please post on this thread saying which web browser you're using. I am on Safari.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,834 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

I'm also seeing exactly as described by Happynoodleboy and CW.

There are recent posts I can see on my tablet, however when I try to see it on my computer, it's scattered over dozens of pages.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

I'm seeing three different versions across my phone, tablet and laptop and on all three there are threads missing which I've contributed to.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,304 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

CW - I can't see the topic about Ollie the Owl on the forum page, but can see it by going into your Contributions. Google Chrome on Android Kit Kat. I am sure it will be owlright when the engineers swoop in.