We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA forums posting/display issues?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
TA forums posting/display issues?

I'm seeing discrepancies between what TA says I've posted, and shows me under my postings, and what is shown if i go to the forum and look. There seems roughly to be a gap of around a couple of hours where posts arent shown if you look in the forum, only if you go to that thread directly

For example I can only see this thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k747… if i go to it directly, its not shown when I select the London forum

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Agreed both JA & GA. Forums are MESSED UP now for 3 days. Answer posts=they disappear & then re-appear in strange orders not showing latest comments or when you post they disappear all together and never return.....................HELLO TA support?!?---oh wait this is going to disappear when I post as well=CRAP:(

Edited: 24 May 2014, 15:47
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

TA_Jeanine, TA Staff member, posted the most recent update late last night (see Post 23)

Regards,

L4

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
52,698 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

It's still a mess, and I can understand why it is frustrating people. I am too lazy to try logging in on different devices and browsers, all I know is that there appear to be far fewer threads visible than is normal, and that threads are not in time order on various for a and pages. Very much like yesterday, in fact.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,992 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

Luckyfour, yes, TA_ Jeanine did post but she also said for us to report if it's still an issue this morning. So that's what we're doing :)

"Can you let us know if you continue to see this in the morning EDT?"

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

It's a 3 day holiday weekend in the US, so TA staff may be on skeleton crew.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,575 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

One for the TA out of hours IT support team - earn a bit of overtime fixing it! ;-)

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
57. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

hanks all,

Our engineers are looking into this issue and a few others that have been reported since site maintenance on Thursday. We hope to have this resolved soon. In the meantime, there are several threads about forum posts disappearing but this thread appears to be the main thread. I will post updates here.

Please feel free to direct posters in other threads to this one.

Thanks! We hope to have this addressed soon- our apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused over the past day and a half.

Jeanine

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

travelerNewYork,

Yes I know that TA_Jeanine asked for feedback; I also read that.. My comment was for the members who may not have read the whole thread and thought that TA Staff were not aware of the issue.

Regards,

L4

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

The UK forums seem to be okay now.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: TA forums posting/display issues?

> The UK forums seem to be okay now.

Getting better but not 100% yet - I still see misplaced threads on pages 4&6 (at least) of the UK forum tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186216-i15-o100…