We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mcid key

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
mcid key

Hi there we have integrated the expedia api and gone live, then we found out that we need to send in the contract trip advisor can provide us with the MCID to give back to expedia so they can sync it with the api calls so we are able to show star ratings.

trouble is we sent in the contract a month ago and have heard nothing, we chased up this approx a week ago but have still heard nothing.

So my question is are there any telephone support lines or anyone we can contact to see what has happened.

thanks in advance

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mcid key

Hi Alan;

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

Information about how to sign-up and access the Owners’ Forum can be found here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

Please post your question on that forum.

Best Regards

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mcid key

ok will do that now thanks for your prompt response

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mcid key

You're Welcome !

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: mcid key

hi again, I went where you said and there is nothing that says owners forum, so I logged out and registered with my google plus id, but it seems to be posting in here again

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mcid key

Hi Compare2014;

First - having 2 TripAdvisor user ID's is a violation of the "Terms of Use"

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

If you are already registered as an owner / manager, follow this link;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.ht…

Best Regards

Edited: 28 May 2014, 13:06
Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mcid key

violation of the policy, it said I could not register for the owners forum as a user with that email already existed that's why I logged in with my G+ account credentials

anyway when I go there it now says Sorry, you do not have access to view this forum.

what do I need to do now

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mcid key

Hi Alan;

You will need to go back to reply #1 and go through the registration process with TA staff. There are number of different registration methods available.

Once registered, you can then access the "Management Centre" of your listing, a great venue to contact TA staff directly, and the "Owners' Forum".

Best Regards

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: mcid key

Still no further forward with this, got another message from trip advisor with instructions to register in the Owners forum. It seems a bit stupid that no one at trip advisor seems to be able to answer question.

1: It asks me to register a hotel, restaurant, attraction or vacation rental which clearly I do not own.

2: All I want to know is if trip advisor have received the contract I sent 3 times regarding the MCID

Surely someone there who reads this is clever enough to find this information out

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mcid key

Hi Alan;

Until your last post, you never stated that you didn't have a business listed on TripAdvisor.

As for a reply to your question "I want to know is if trip advisor have received the contract I sent 3 times..."

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is member driven, peer-to-peer assistance. It is NOT an effective way of contacting TA staff.

I would suggest that you have a look at the "About Us" link at the bottom of the page, for direct contact information to TA's corporate offices.

Best Regards

Edited: 08 June 2014, 23:58
Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: mcid key

ok thanks for your prompt response