We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing Review

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
424 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Missing Review

My husband and I went to a resort in 2013 and all of a sudden today his review of the resort disappeared. It was a 5 star review, nothing inappropriate, mine is still up. Any clue?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,795 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing Review

Hi

He can ask TripAdvisor Review Staff about the status of his review by using this page:

www.TripAdvisor.com/GeneralSupport

-> Reviews

-> Status of My Review

-> Not Listed

=============

I assume you mean it was a 5 dot or 5 circle review. Stars have a different meaning in TripAdvisor.

USA
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing Review

TripAdvisor calls them bubbles, but we all know what you mean by a five star review. Five bubbles, five circles, and five dots all sound ridiculous. I call the round things stars.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing Review

Out of interest what was the name of the property?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,735 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing Review

Hi TianaH370;

It sounds to me like you failed to respond to a verification email. TA sends an email for you to confirm / reconfirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system. You have to click on the link in the email to confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

For an exact answer, you will need to contact TA staff as my esteemed colleague, PacificNWFamily has suggested in post #1.

Best Regards

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1,813 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing Review

Hi

Is the verification email a new thing? Of all the reviews/new listings that I have posted I have never received one of these.

Regards, John

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,032 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missing Review

Nope, they have been used for years. Frequent contributors can go a long time without receiving one, but are not immune.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,735 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing Review

Hi John;

TA has used the verification emails for many years...as long as I can remember.

Best Regards

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing Review

Have all your husband's reviews disappeared?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
424 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing Review

@FFM it was his review of EPC from last Sept :(

He wrote TA through the support page but no answer.

@RescueTeam ive never gotten a verification and since he posted it last Sept and it was up until a few days ago im pretty sure it wasn't failed verification.

@half-brit no, just this one

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing Review

Hi again

If it related to EPC [Excellence Punta Cana] I cannot see why it would be deleted unless your husband did not reply to verification e_mail or someone has reported it as being against the posting guidelines at this late stage. TA have been know to send out verification e_mails months after the review has been published

Please note it can take several days for TA to reply