We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost post Boston Forum

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
lost post Boston Forum

This morning there,were 2 posts on the Boston forum about lodging for Dad and Two teen sons. I assumed the duplicates were an error. I answered one and ignored th other. In a short while the extra one was gone. Then the one I answered was closed and the OP was deleted because "it was determined to be inappropriate be the tripadvisor community" Huh? And now it is gone all together. Why?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k750437…

Edited: 02 June 2014, 04:19
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lost post Boston Forum

Please reinstate it if possible.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,551 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lost post Boston Forum

Hi

This is a forum. We are members, just like you.

Even though it wasn't your post that was removed, you can ask TripAdvisor_Staff to take a look at the thread and possibly reinstate it.

www.TripAdvisor.com/GeneralSupport

-> Forums, Private Messages, & Traveler Articles

-> Help using the forums

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
24,335 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lost post Boston Forum

Hi,

On this Support Forum we are not Staff. We can't reinstate anything. You can click on the tiny blue help centre link at the very bottom of this page and click on Contact Us, then General Support.

Make your choices from the drop down menus-

Forums, Private Messages and Traveller Articles

then

Help using the Forums.

Type in the text box that appears and add in the link to that thread. Ask for it to be reinstated,

Maybe what happened was - two identical postings. Someone reported one as a duplicate, then someone else reported the other as a duplicate. So unfortunately both disappeared. When I report one as a duplicate I type a reply saying "duplicate posting to be removed" so everyone else knows which one is likely to be gone soon. Then everyone can answer the other one.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 04:37
4. Re: lost post Boston Forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 07:15