We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attraction vs. Activity?

Oahu
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Attraction vs. Activity?

Every so often I see activities that are getting top billing miscategorized as "attraction", how can this be reported? If you go to Oahu, Hawaii main page and then click on "things to do" the top listing is "West Oahu SUP". SUP = stand up paddle board, which is a surf board, with a paddle. All other Oahu surfing, and paddleboarding, tours are categorized under 'activities'. Since West Oahu SUP is the ONLY such activity listed under attractions, they are #1! If they were under activities (as they should be), they'd be buried under similar tours.

Similar for "Beach Sunset Yoga Hawaii" in the top ten for "Attractions" but is also an activity - paid classes, paid guide for trail hikes, etc.

How can they be id'd as in the wrong category? Not fair to similar activities...

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Ukraine, Lutsk, Chernivtsi
Level Contributor
22,211 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attraction vs. Activity?

Hi Wild_Side_Hawaii!

Start with the Help Centre http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

In *How can we help you? drop-down menu choose “Listings”

Then in *What do you want to do? drop-down menu choose “A listing has wrong information or is categorized incorrectly“

Fill in Comments box and add the link to the miscategorised activity.

Best of luck!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attraction vs. Activity?

I've been reporting mis categorization of the Oahu pages for months now. Hope you have better luck getting them sorted out then I did. I gave up.

Oahu
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Attraction vs. Activity?

Yes, had a similar issue a couple years ago, took a couple years it seemed before the top billed attraction correctly moved to activities (and ended up on the 3rd page there). Maybe two squeaky wheels? No response from TA on my end...

4. Re: Attraction vs. Activity?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16