We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Rental

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Rental

Im looking to book a holiday apartment for around a month. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Has anyone used TripAdvisor to book a holiday?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Rental

Hi 123George1,

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest first going to the forum where you're wanting to rent. For example, if you're wanting to rent in Paris, type Paris Forum in the search box upper right and in a couple of clicks it will take you here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g187147-i14-Paris_I…

Once there, first have a look at the Top Questions on the right of the page to see if there's any pertinent information. Next, I'd suggest doing a search on the forum. The forum search box is just above the threads...you can enter vacation rental or holiday rental and see what happens. You might get some good ideas and can then post a question on the forum. It's helpful if you include approximate price (in Paris you'd put it in euros), number of people, etc. If you're not sure what area, you could include a question about that.

Note: owners are not allowed to solicit on the forums. If someone sends you a PM where they are soliciting, I'd suggest you ignore it/report it. Also, if someone who seems like an owner recommends their place, I'd recommend waiting/reporting the post.

Ideally, it's good to get suggestions from other travelers where you get a sense they've giving you good independent information based on their rental experiences.

Hope you're able to find good accommodation.

The Support Forum is for assistance using the site, how-to questions and technical support. Destination questions need to be asked on that destination's forum where members are familiar with that area. There are also other forums. If you click on More on the green bar at the top, you'll also see links to non-destination forums and other main forum links.

Regards,

L4

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Rental

If you are not sure where in the world you would like to go, post this question on the Holiday Travel Forum,

which is here ==> tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12334-Holiday_…

As well read other questions being asked and replies being given on that forum for potentially some good tips.

Trip Advisor is not a booking agency. It is a very large data base, where most people do their research, ask their questions on the forums and then plan their holiday from there. It is advisable to book directly with the hotel or airline rather than use 3rd party booking agents.

Use the green menu bar across the top of every destination forum to research Hotels, Restaurants, and Things to Do.

3. Re: Holiday Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 07:15