We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to change my email but password dont allow me in

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Want to change my email but password dont allow me in

I want to change my email address on my details, but it asks for password, which i enter but it says this is already used, so I cant get any further.

Cant find the details to log a fault with trip Advisor

Dont want notification by email as my old one is blocked

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,503 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to change my email but password dont allow me in

Have you tried a different password -similar but maybe have an upper case letter instead of a lower case one, or add a number at the end?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,808 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to change my email but password dont allow me in

"which i enter but it says this is already used" Are you sure? That shouldn't be the message if you're typing an incorrect password when you attempt to change your email address.

I see that you posted in April this year. It was about that time when Tripadvisor started asking members to enter a new password. We all had to change it. Do you remember changing yours? Think about something else you could have used for password here.

If you just don't remember and can't come up with the right password, send a note to the Staff with this form:

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Select Sign in & Registration > I want to combine multiple Tripadvisor accounts. It is not your issue but it'll arrive to the right people. Do give them your new email address where they can respond to you. The only thing is you'll have to wait for a week or a bit longer till you hear back from TA.

Silvia

PS: Don't sign out, or you won't be able to sign back in if you don't remember your password.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 03:25
3. Re: Want to change my email but password dont allow me in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:16